Raspberry Pi 2 Model B
The Raspberry Pi 2 Model B has landed! The ultra-low-cost, deck-of-cards sized Linux computer has had yet another makeover, this time the Raspberry Pi Foundation have gone all out! The Raspberry Pi 2 Model B is on a completely new level to its predecessors by being a staggering 6x faster than the Raspberry Pi Model B+.
Please Note. V1.2 of the Raspberry Pi 2 Model B uses the BCM2837 SoC, which contains a quad-core ARM Cortex-A53 processor. Previous versions of Raspberry Pi 2 Model B use the BCM2836 SoC, which contains a quad-core ARM Cortex-A7 processor. It is necessary to update to the latest (October 2016) version of the device firmware and Linux kernel to allow the board to boot up properly. This may affect software on previous Raspian builds!
Back-Compatibility note: The Raspberry Pi 2 Model B has the same footprint and layout as the previous Model B+ version, so will fit all Model B+ items.
Raspberry Pi 2 Model B Features:
- 6x Faster - Broadcom BCM2836 ARMv7 Quad Core Processor powered Single Board Computer running at 900MHz
- Double Memory - 1GB RAM so you can now run bigger and more powerful applications
- Identical board layout and footprint as the Model B+, so all cases and 3rd party add-on boards designed for the Model B+ will be fully compatible.
- Fully HAT compatible
- 40pin extended GPIO to enhance your “real world” projects. GPIO is 100% compatible with the Model B+ and A+ boards. First 26 pins are identical to the Model A and Model B boards to provide full backward compatibility across all boards.
- Connect a Raspberry Pi camera and touch screen display (each sold separately)
- Stream and watch Hi-definition video output at 1080P
- Micro SD slot for storing information and loading your operating systems.
- Advanced power management:
- You can now provide up to 1.2 Amp to the USB ports – enabling you to connect more power hungry USB devices directly to the Raspberry PI. (This feature requires a 2Amp micro USB Power Supply)
- 10/100 Ethernet Port to quickly connect the Raspberry Pi to the Internet
- Combined 4-pole jack for connecting your stereo audio out and composite video out
- Broadcom BCM2836 ARMv7 Quad Core Processor powered Single Board Computer running at 900MHz
- 1GB RAM
- 40pin extended GPIO
- 4 x USB ports
- 4 pole Stereo output and Composite video port
- Full size HDMI
- CSI camera port for connecting the Raspberry Pi camera
- DSI display port for connecting the Raspberry Pi touch screen display
- Micro SD port for loading your operating system and storing data
- Micro USB power source