CamJam EduKits are your way into the world of building electronic circuits and programming the Raspberry Pi in Python!
All you need to add is your own chassis (use the box!), Raspberry Pi (any Model B or Zero with a pin header) & 4x AA batteries! Then follow the worksheets to make your own motorized buggy. Add the included sensors and you will soon be detecting objects in front of your robot and following line courses!
Not compatible with the Raspberry Pi Pico
Included in the kit are the following components:
- A custom-designed, pre-soldered motor controller board (with screw terminals)
- Two DC motors (with wires pre-soldered)
- Two custom red wheels (which go extra fast… because they’re red!)
- A ball castor (used as the ‘third wheel’ to your robot)
- A small breadboard (to create your circuits)
- Two pieces of strong 3M padded double-sided tape
- A battery box for 4x AA batteries (batteries not included)
- An ultrasonic distance sensor (for detecting objects in front of your robot)
- A line follower sensor (for detecting and following black lines)
- Resistors and jumper cables with which to complete your circuits
- A strong cardboard box to keep it all in… or to cut into to make your chassis!
Note: If the wheels feel a bit tight when fitting to the motors, use a screwdriver or pen to open up the wheel hole a little, or add a tiny dab of washing up liquid.
Community Hacks & Features!
Alex Eames over at Raspi.TV got his hands on a prototype, here's what he did!
And here's a fantastic unboxing video from Average Maker!
And another review! This time from TheRaspberryPiGuy! Thanks Matt!
The CamJam EduKit is a joint venture between The Pi Hut and the Cambridge Raspberry Jam (CamJam). Profits from the sale of the kit will go to CamJam so that they can continue their educational and community work.
Payment & Accreditations
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.