CamJam EduKit #3 - Robotics
The third in the series is here! The CamJam EduKit #3 is focused on robotics and contains (almost) everything you need to create your very own Raspberry Pi-powered robot.
All you need to do is to add your own chassis, Raspberry Pi (any model) & batteries! Then, follow the worksheets to make your own motorized buggy. Add the included sensors and you will soon be detecting objects in front of your robot and following line courses. Included in the kit are the following components:
- A custom-designed, pre-soldered motor controller board (with screw terminals)
- Two DC motors (with wires pre-soldered)
- Two custom red wheels (which go extra fast… because they’re red!)
- A ball castor (used as the ‘third wheel’ to your robot)
- A small breadboard (to create your circuits)
- Two pieces of strong 3M padded double-sided tape
- A battery box for 4 AA batteries (batteries not included)
- An ultrasonic distance sensor (for detecting objects in front of your robot)
- A line follower sensor (for detecting and following black lines)
- Resistors and jumper cables with which to complete your circuits
- A strong cardboard box to keep it all in… or to cut into to make your chassis!
Alex Eames over at Raspi.TV got his hands on a prototype, here's what he did!
And here's a fantastic unboxing video from Average Man vs Raspberry Pi!
And another review! This time from TheRaspberryPiGuy! Thanks Matt!