The HC-SR04 consists of two ultrasonic transmitters (basically speakers), a receiver, and a control circuit. The transmitters emit a high-frequency ultrasonic sound, which bounces off any nearby solid objects, and the receiver listens for any return echo.
That echo is then processed by the control circuit to calculate the time difference between the signal being transmitted and received. This time can subsequently be used, along with some clever math, to calculate the distance between the sensor and the reflecting object!
- Input Voltage: 5V
- Current Draw: 20mA (Max)
- Digital Output: 5V
- Digital Output: 0V (Low)
- Working Temperature: -15°C to 70°C
- Sensing Angle: 30° Cone
- Angle of Effect: 15° Cone
- Ultrasonic Frequency: 40kHz
- Range: 2cm - 400cm
- Length: 43mm
- Width: 20mm
- Height (with transmitters): 15mm
- Centre screw hole distance: 40mm x 15mm
- Screw hole diameter: 1mm (M1)
- Transmitter diameter: 8mm
Payment & Accreditations
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.