The Raspberry Pi Debug Probe is an inexpensive, all-in-one USB-to-debug kit that provides all the necessary hardware and cables for easy, solderless, plug-and-play debugging - perfect for debugging a Raspberry Pi Pico and other boards!
It is designed to make it easy to debug and program a Pico and RP2040 with a range of host platforms including Windows, Mac, and typical Linux computers.
The Debug Probe provides both a processor serial debug interface (ARM Serial Wire Debug interface by default, other interfaces can be supported) and an industry-standard UART interface. It's based on the Raspberry Pi Pico hardware design and runs the open-source Raspberry Pi Picoprobe software.
Updating the firmware is accomplished in the same way as on a Raspberry Pi Pico, so it is straightforward to keep the unit up to date with the latest Picoprobe firmware or to use custom firmware.
The Debug Probe comes with a compact clear case, three JST-SH debug cables and a Micro-USB cable. The 3-pin JST-SH connectors match those used on the Raspberry Pi Pico H, providing a quick and easy way to debug your Pico project.
Whilst it has been designed primarily for use with Raspberry Pi debug targets, the Debug Probe provides standard CMSIS-DAP debug and UART interfaces over USB, so it can be used to debug other targets and development boards, or simply as a cost-effective USB-to-UART cable. It works with OpenOCD and other tools that support
- RP2040-based Debug Probe
- All-in-one USB to serial + UART bridge
- USB to two-wire serial debug bridge (Arm Serial Wire Debug supported by default)
- Compatible with the CMSIS-DAP standard
- Follows the Raspberry Pi 3-pin Debug Connector Specification
- Runs Picoprobe software
- Easily updated, or use custom firmware
- Includes everything you need
- Standard CMSIS-DAP debug and UART interfaces over USB (not just for Pico debugging!)
- Works with OpenOCD and other tools supporting CMSIS-DAP
- Form factor: 22mm × 32mm
- Nominal I/O voltage: 3.3V
- Operating temperature: -20°C to +70°C
- Production lifetime: The Raspberry Pi Debug Probe will remain in production until at least January 2028
- Compliance: For a full list of local and regional product approvals, please visit pip.raspberrypi.com
- 1x Raspberry Pi Debug Probe (board)
- 1x Debug Probe Case (clear)
- 1x Micro-USB cable
- 1x JST-SH 3-pin cable set, including:
- 1x JST-SH 3-pin to JST-SH 3-pin
- 1x JST-SH 3-pin to male jumper
- 1x JST-SH 3-pin to female header