ThunderBorg is a powerful dual motor control board for making awesome robots with your Raspberry Pi. ThunderBorg is designed to handle up to 5A per motor connection, so it's great for bigger-than-your-average-buggy projects and making awesome robots from your Raspberry Pi.
The ThunderBorg is used in our MonsterBorg robot kit.
All ThunderBorg versions include:
- Control BIG or small motors.
- On-board 5V regulator powers the Raspberry Pi
- Runs from any battery pack or power supply from 7V to 35V
- Proper 5A output per motor connection
- Speed control forwards and reverse via PWM
- On-board voltage monitoring for attached batteries
- Mounts directly onto most Raspberry Pi models
- Super bright 24 Bit LED capable of over 16 million colours
- Stackable! Plug in more boards to control up to 200 motors!
- Controls 2x DC Motors or 4, 5 or 6 wire stepper motors
- Uses I2C SCK/SDA and 3.3V/GND pins for communications
- Overheat protection, under voltage lockout, and short circuit protection.
We also have an optional ThunderBoard lid pack which comes with an additional:
- A second super bright LED which can be independently controlled
- 9V style connector for either AA battery packs or 9V batteries
- Convenient power switch to disconnect the batteries
- Enough room to sit a 10x AA battery pack
- Pre-soldered directly onto the ThunderBorg by us.
For more information on how to get started making motors move and building robots with your ThunderBorg, check out the links below :)
Payment & Accreditations
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.