We've got a great new range of robot chassis kits now available at The Pi Hut, with a selection of chassis materials and wheel options to choose from.
This is the premium, top-of-the-range MP version with mecanum wheels (M) and a shock-absorbing metal chassis (P) - the ultimate foundation for an advanced robotics project with both mecanum wheels for omnidirectional movement and an aluminium chassis with shock-absorbing features.
The mecanum wheels included in this kit offer new ways to move your robot with your programming, with complex actions at your fingertips.
The robust aluminium shock-absorbing chassis features mounting holes laid out for specific boards and modules, to utilise the most popular components and controllers available, with multiple layers to house controllers, drivers and batteries. The external 1020 aluminium rails also allow you to fit your own 1020-compatible fittings to mount other parts.
The design is open source too - head to the resources section below to download design files to make your own additions (great for those with a 3D printer!).
Need inspiration? Tony G created a Raspberry Pi Pico robot with one of these chassis kits, and wrote a great tutorial that provides instructions and code to go with it.
Note: Assembly required. Chassis kit only - microcontroller, motor driver and power source not included.
Full range available
There are currently four kit versions in the range:
- NS - Normal Wheels (N) + Normal Chassis (S)
- NP - Normal Wheels (N) + Shock-absorbing Chassis (P)
- MS - Mecanum Wheels (M) + Normal Chassis (S)
- This item: MP - Mecanum Wheels (M) + Shock-absorbing Chassis (P)
- Our top-of-the-range premium robotics chassis kit
- Robust aluminium chassis
- Shock-absorbing chassis balls
- 1020 Aluminium rails
- Designed with specific popular microcontrollers and modules in mind
- Mecanum wheels for advanced, omnidirectional movement
- Reliable and forgiving TT-style motors
- Chassis material, motors, wheels, fixings and tools included
- Add your own microcontroller, motor driver and power source
- Open source design with files available
- Constructed dimensions (LxWxH): 210mm x 205mm x 80mm
Make sure the motor driver you select for your project meets the specifications below:
- Voltage range: 6-9V
- RPM: 190RPM @6V
- Current: 160MA
A step-by-step graphic tutorial is available here, or check out the video below.
The following video covers the MP and NP chassis kits:
- 4x Mecanum Wheels
- 1x Metal chassis kit
- 1x Mobile robot mounting plate (middle size)
- 11x Black silicone shock-absorbing balls
- 4x TT Motor
- 4x TT motor bracket
- 1x Mini cross wrench sleeve
- 1x Allen wrench
- 1x Screwdriver
- 1x Screws pack
Chassis kit only - microcontroller, motor driver and power source not included.