We've got a great new range of robot chassis kits now available at The Pi Hut, with a selection of chassis materials and wheel options to choose from.
This is the tough NP version with normal wheelss (N) and a shock-absorbing metal chassis (P) - a solid robotics foundation with the tough, shock-absorbing aluminium chassis combined with grippy, traditional rolling wheels. Great for upgrading from the usual plastic chassis materials to take your robot to the next level.
The robust aluminium shock-absorbing chassis features mounting holes laid out for specific boards and modules, to utilise the most popular components and controllers available, with multiple layers to house controllers, drivers and batteries. The external 1020 aluminium rails also allow you to fit your own 1020-compatible fittings to mount other parts.
The design is open source too - head to the resources section below to download design files to make your own additions (great for those with a 3D printer!).
Note: Assembly required. Chassis kit only - microcontroller, motor driver and power source not included.
Full range available
There are currently four kit versions in the range:
- NS - Normal Wheels (N) + Normal Chassis (S)
- This item: NP - Normal Wheels (N) + Shock-absorbing Chassis (P)
- MS - Mecanum Wheels (M) + Normal Chassis (S)
- MP - Mecanum Wheels (M) + Shock-absorbing Chassis (P)
- A tough robotics foundation with traditional rolling wheels
- Robust aluminium chassis
- Shock-absorbing chassis balls
- 1020 Aluminium rails
- Designed with specific popular microcontrollers and modules in mind
- Traditional grippy rubber wheels
- Reliable and forgiving TT-style motors
- Chassis material, motors, wheels, fixings and tools included
- Add your own microcontroller, motor driver and power source
- Open source design with files available
- Constructed dimensions (LxWxH): 200mm x 175mm x 68mm
Make sure the motor driver you select for your project meets the specifications below:
- Voltage range: 6-9V
- RPM: 190RPM @6V
- Current: 160MA
A step-by-step graphic tutorial is available here, or check out the video below.
The following video covers the MP and NP chassis kits (shows mecanum wheels being fitted which are not included in this version of the kit, but the assembly process is the same:
- 4x Standard Wheels
- 1x Metal chassis kit
- 1x Mobile robot mounting plate (middle size)
- 11x Black silicone shock-absorbing balls
- 4x TT Motor
- 4x TT motor bracket
- 1x Mini cross wrench sleeve
- 1x Allen wrench
- 1x Screwdriver
- 1x Screws pack
Chassis kit only - microcontroller, motor driver and power source not included.