We've got a great new range of robot chassis kits now available at The Pi Hut, with a selection of chassis materials and wheel options to choose from.
This is the most affordable NS version with normal (N) wheels and a normal (S) chassis - great as a foundation for your first robotics project with a simple, robust chassis design and grippy traditional wheels, yet with the flexibility to choose and mount your own electronics as you like. The kit even includes some basic tools to get you started!
The lightweight double mounting plate chassis includes mounting holes to accommodate a wide variety of hardware to meet the differing needs of beginners, seasoned makers, robotics competition entrants and everyone in between, with a selection of standoffs to help you mount it.
The design is open source too - head to the resources section below to download design files to make your own additions (great for those with a 3D printer!).
Note: Assembly required. Chassis kit only - microcontroller, motor driver and power source not included.
Full range available
There are currently four kit versions in the range:
- This item: NS - Normal Wheels (N) + Normal Chassis (S)
- NP - Normal Wheels (N) + Shock-absorbing Chassis (P)
- MS - Mecanum Wheels (M) + Normal Chassis (S)
- MP - Mecanum Wheels (M) + Shock-absorbing Chassis (P)
- Excellent starter chassis kit for robotics projects
- Simple, robust chassis
- Flexibility to add a range of boards and modules
- Traditional grippy rubber wheels
- Reliable and forgiving TT-style motors
- Chassis material, motors, wheels, fixings and tools included
- Add your own microcontroller, motor driver and power source
- Open source design with files available
- Constructed dimensions (LxWxH): 195mm x 185mm x 78mm
Make sure the motor driver you select for your project meets the specifications below:
- Voltage range: 6-9V
- RPM: 190RPM @6V
- Current: 160MA
A step-by-step graphic tutorial is available here, or check out the video below.
The following video covers the NS and MS chassis kits (shows Mecanum wheels from the MS kit which are not included in this NS version, but the assembly process is the same):
- 4x Standard wheels
- 1x Mobile robot mounting plate (large size)
- 1x Mobile robot mounting plate (middle size)
- 4x TT Motor
- 4x TT motor bracket
- 1x Mini cross wrench sleeve
- 1x Allen wrench
- 1x Screwdriver
- 1x Screws pack
Chassis kit only - microcontroller, motor driver and power source not included.