The Seeed XIAO Series are diminutive development boards, sharing a similar hardware structure, where the size is literally thumb-sized. The code name "XIAO" here represents its half feature "Tiny", and the other half will be "Puissant". The Seeed XIAO SAMD21 is the pioneer, universal development board, extremely popular around the communities and derived a sight of projects. It is the perfect microcontroller for you to get started with electronics.
The board carries the powerful CPU-ARM® Cortex®-M0+(SAMD21G18) running at up to 48Hz. In addition to the powerful CPU, it has 256KB Flash and 32KB SRAM on board and supports the USB Type-C interface which can supply power and download code.
It has 14 GPIO PINs, which can be used for 11 analog PINs, 11 digital PINs, 1 I2C interface, 1 UART interface, and 1 SPI interface. Some PINs have various functions, A1/D1 to A10/D10 Pins have PWM functions and Pin A0/D0 has a function of DAC which means you can get true analog signals, not PWM signals when you define it as an analog pin, that’s why 14 GPIO PINs can realize more I/O PINs and interfaces.
Except for the power LED, we add a user LED on board for a better coding experience. Usually, a dev board as small as this size will use the chip’s inner crystal oscillator for time fixing, in order to make the clock more accurate, Seeed Studio XIAO SAMD21 layouts an extra 32.768KHz to make the clock more stable.
The Seeed XIAO SAMD21 is friendly to the communities for its strong software compatibilities, which support Arduino, Micropython, and CircuitPython. Except for the software, flexible I/O allows it to speak to almost any external device.
Note: All I/O pins are 3.3V, please do not input more than 3.3V, otherwise, the CPU may be damaged.
- High Performance: Powered by SAMD21G18 chip, operating up to 48MHz, equipped with 32KB of SRAM, and 256KB of onboard flash memory
- Ultra-small Design: 21 x 17.5mm, Seeed XIAO series classic form-factor, suitable for wearable devices
- Multiple Development Interfaces: 11x analog / 11x digital Pins, 1x I2C interface, 1x UART port, and 1 SPI port
- Multiple Develop Platform: Support Arduino / Micropython / CircuitPython development, friendly for beginners, satisfied for electronics enthusiasts
- Perfect for Production: Breadboard-friendly & SMD design, no components on the back
- Product number: Seeed 102010328
|CPU||ARM Cortex-M0+ CPU(SAMD21G18) running at up to 48MHz|
|Storage||256KB Flash,32KB SRAM|
|I/O PINs||14 GPIO PINs,11 analog PINs, 11 digital PINs, 1 DAC output Pin|
|Interface||1 I2C interface,1 UART interface, 1 SPI interface, USB Type-C interface|
|LEDs||1 user LED, 1 power LED, and two LEDs for serial port downloading|
|Reset button||two reset buttons short connect to reset|
|Software compatibility||Arduino IDE|