Create your own FlightAware ADS-B Aircraft Tracking Ground station with our super-convenient PiAware Tracking kit!
With advice from the nice folks at FlightAware, we carefully selected the best components to create a flight tracking starter kit that's affordable, perfect for beginners yet expandable for those who then want to build on the project further down the line.
Update: As of 26/03/21 we're now offering this kit with a larger 32GB SD card and a longer 2m black micro-HDMI cable for greater flexibility.
- Raspberry Pi 4 2GB - we use the most affordable Model B Raspberry Pi as it offers more than enough memory to run PiAware
- 32GB SanDisk Micro-SD card (with the latest PiAware pre-installed) - we install PiAware for you, making set up more convenient
- FLIRC Case - a robust case made from aluminium featuring a central cooling-core meaning no noisy fans!
- Official Raspberry Pi USB-C Power Supply - the recommended power supply for the Raspberry Pi 4 (choose your country variant above)
- Micro-HDMI cable (2m) - for connecting to your monitor. We now include a longer 2m cable for greater flexibility.
- FlightAware Pro Stick Plus - FlightAware's USB SDR ADS-B Receiver with a built-in 1090MHz bandpass filter
- 1090MHz Desk Antenna - a 3dBi ADS-B 1090Mhz SMA Antenna with magnetic base
Visit FlightAware's setup page for full instructions on how to get started: https://uk.flightaware.com/adsb/piaware/build
Once you're set up and tracking, if you choose to feed your tracking data back to FlightAware (via an internet connection to the Raspberry Pi) they reward you with:
- Live data on flightaware.com (subject to standard data processing delay of up to two minutes)
- Access to up-to-the-second live data received by the local device (accessible from the stats page with a local network connection)
- Data from local device highlighted on FlightAware track logs
- Detailed statistics on site performance
- A free Enterprise Account ($89.95/month value)
Payment & Accreditations
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.