Create your own FlightAware ADS-B Aircraft Tracking Ground station with our super-convenient PiAware Tracking kit!
With advice from the nice folks at FlightAware, we carefully selected the best components to create a flight tracking starter kit that's affordable, perfect for beginners yet expandable for those who then want to build on the project further down the line.
Full setup instructions are available on FlightAware's dedicated setup page: https://uk.flightaware.com/adsb/piaware/build . You may also find the SD setup guide PDF useful for configuring your PiAware.
Update: As of 26/03/21 we're now offering this kit with a larger 32GB SD card and a longer 2m black micro-HDMI cable for greater flexibility.
- Raspberry Pi 4 4GB - The latest Raspberry Pi!
- 32GB SanDisk Micro-SD card (with the latest PiAware pre-installed) - we install PiAware for you, making set up more convenient
- FLIRC Case - a robust case made from aluminium featuring a central cooling-core meaning no noisy fans!
- Official Raspberry Pi USB-C Power Supply - the recommended power supply for the Raspberry Pi 4 (choose your country variant above)
- Micro-HDMI cable (2m) - for connecting to your monitor. We now include a longer 2m cable for greater flexibility.
- FlightAware Pro Stick Plus - FlightAware's USB SDR ADS-B Receiver with a built-in 1090MHz bandpass filter
- 1090MHz Desk Antenna - a 3dBi ADS-B 1090Mhz SMA Antenna with magnetic base
Visit FlightAware's setup page for full instructions on how to get started: https://uk.flightaware.com/adsb/piaware/build
Once you're set up and tracking, if you choose to feed your tracking data back to FlightAware (via an internet connection to the Raspberry Pi) they reward you with:
- Live data on flightaware.com (subject to standard data processing delay of up to two minutes)
- Access to up-to-the-second live data received by the local device (accessible from the stats page with a local network connection)
- Data from local devices highlighted on FlightAware track logs
- Detailed statistics on site performance
- A free Enterprise Account ($89.95/month value)