Raspberry Pi 4 Model B
The Raspberry Pi 4 is the most powerful and feature-rich Raspberry Pi to be released, an incredible improvement on previous boards.
The latest model of our favourite single-board computer includes great new headline features such as dual 4K (yes 4K!) displays, super-fast USB 3.0, Gigabit Ethernet and budget-accommodating RAM options.
Even More Power!
In terms of computing power, the Raspberry Pi 4 ships with a new 1.5GHz Quad-core CPU – the fastest we’ve ever seen on a Raspberry Pi offering around a 3x improvement in performance over the previous model!
Backing up that processing power is up to a whopping 4GB of faster LPDDR4 RAM – that’s 3GB more than the previous model.
With this new level of hardware, the Raspberry Pi 4 truly is a viable dual-display desktop computer.
The improved performance also makes the Raspberry Pi 4 the perfect candidate for a media centre, NAS, server, gaming emulator and many other resource-intensive applications.
For those just wanting to get creative with code, this is what the Raspberry Pi was born to do. The Raspberry Pi 4 maintains the familiar 40-pin GPIO, allowing for complex and interesting projects or even the addition of HATs and add-on boards to take your project further.
The dual-4K display option will make referencing tutorials and examples alongside your code a walk in the park, and the range of connectivity options such as WiFi (2.4GHz and 5GHz), Gigabit Ethernet, Bluetooth and USB means you can code with convenience anytime, anywhere.
Great for Beginners!
The Raspberry Pi 4 is the perfect beginners board as it includes the screen, network and peripheral connections you need to get up and running quickly and easily.
Simply plug in a micro-SD card, screen, keyboard/mouse and a power supply and you’re ready to enter the wonderful world of programming (the official starter kit includes everything you need – a great gift option).
As always, the fantastic Raspberry Pi Foundation learning resources, combined with a huge community bursting with enthusiastic Raspberry Pi users, means you’ll never be far from help, support, tutorials and examples projects.
- 1.5GHz 64-bit quad-core CPU
- Available with 1GB, 2GB or 4GB RAM (select above)
- 4 GHz and 5.0 GHz IEEE 802.11ac wireless, Bluetooth 5.0, BLE
- Gigabit Ethernet
- 2x USB 3.0 ports; 2x USB 2.0 ports.
- Raspberry Pi standard 40 pin GPIO header
- 2 × micro-HDMI ports (up to 4kp60 supported)
- 2-lane MIPI DSI display port
- 2-lane MIPI CSI camera port
- 4-pole stereo audio and composite video port
- 265 (4kp60 decode), H264 (1080p60 decode, 1080p30 encode)
- OpenGL ES 3.0 graphics
- Micro-SD card slot for loading operating system and data storage
- 5V DC via USB-C connector (minimum 3A*)
- 5V DC via GPIO header (minimum 3A*)
- Power over Ethernet (PoE) enabled (requires separate PoE HAT)