The Raspberry Pi Power over Ethernet HAT is a small accessory for the Raspberry Pi computer which allows you to power your Raspberry Pi using Power over Ethernet–enabled networks; for this product to be used, the network it is connected to needs to have power-sourcing equipment installed.
A fan is installed which starts to spin (at a slow speed initially) at 40 degrees. The fan then speeds up as the temperature increases (around every additional 5 degrees). Note: older versions of the software kernel start the fan at 50 degrees.
Note: Not compatible with the Raspberry Pi 3 (original 3) or earlier boards. It is compatible with the newer 3B+ or Raspberry Pi 4.
This is the latest revision of the Raspberry Pi PoE HAT with L-C filter installed.
Supplied with this product
- Raspberry Pi PoE HAT
- Mechanical spacers
Other hardware needed
- A Raspberry Pi 4 or 3 Model B+
- An Ethernet cable
- Power-sourcing equipment for a 802.3af Power over Ethernet network
Connecting your PoE HAT to the Raspberry Pi
- Before installing the PoE HAT, you must attach the supplied spacers in the four corners of the board
- Then connect the Raspberry Pi PoE HAT to the two 0.1” headers (40 + 4) that are fitted on the Raspberry Pi
- Once the PoE HAT board is connected, you can power the Raspberry Pi through its RJ45 network connector
- Take care when separating the HAT from the Pi
- Pull evenly so that it detaches from all the pins at the same rate; do not pull one end of the connector off before the other
- No modification to the main Raspberry Pi board is needed for this product to work.
- Please ensure that your Raspberry Pi’s software is up to date for all functionality to be available.
- The PoE HAT is fitted with a small fan that is controlled by the Raspberry Pi via I2C. The fan will turn on and off automatically depending on the temperature of the main processor on the Raspberry Pi.
- 802.3af PoE
- Fully isolated switched-mode power supply
- 37–57V DC, Class 2 device
- 5V/2.5A DC output
- 25mm x 25mm brushless fan for processor cooling
- Fan control