The Raspberry Pi Zero 2 W is the latest board in the Raspberry Pi Zero family, with a quad-core processor offering a 40% increase in single-threaded performance and 5x times more multi-threaded performance than the previous single-core Raspberry Pi Zero W!
Now available with a pre-soldered colour-coded GPIO header - select your option before adding to cart!
The successor to the breakthrough Zero W, Raspberry Pi Zero 2 W is a drop-in replacement for the original board, with the same form factor, connectors and mounting holes. Perfect for a project upgrade!
The Raspberry Pi Zero 2 W incorporates a quad-core 64-bit Arm Cortex-A53 CPU clocked at 1GHz. At its heart is a Raspberry Pi RP3A0 system-in-package (SiP), integrating a Broadcom BCM2710A1 die with 512MB of LPDDR2 SDRAM. This upgraded package provides the Raspberry Pi Zero 2 W with its generous increase in performance.
Raspberry Pi Zero 2 W continues to offer 2.4GHz 802.11 b/g/n wireless LAN and Bluetooth (now 4.2), along with support for Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) and modular compliance certification.
The new Raspberry Pi Zero 2 has a MicroSD card slot for the Raspberry Pi Operating System, a CSI-2 camera connector, a USB On-The-Go (OTG) port and an unpopulated footprint for a HAT-compatible 40-pin GPIO header. Video output is via a mini HDMI port; composite video output is available via the board's test points if needed.
The Zero 2 is powered via a micro-USB socket and requires a 5V 2.5A power supply just like previous generations.
Sharing the same form factor as the original Raspberry Pi Zero, Raspberry Pi Zero 2 W
fits inside most of our existing Raspberry Pi Zero cases (look out for the compatibility marker). Our favourite is the FLIRC Zero case!
Raspberry Pi Zero 2 Essentials
To get your Zero 2 up and running you'll need some minimal essential items to complete your new favourite microcomputer. You may also want to check out our great-value Raspberry Pi Zero 2 Starter Kit which includes everything you need and offers great savings vs buying the parts individually.
- MicroSD card - the 'hard drive' for your Raspberry Pi Zero 2. Our 'NOOBS' cards come pre-loaded ready to select your preferred operating system
- Mini-HDMI cable - for connecting your Zero's Mini HDMI port to a TV or monitor
- Power Supply - the Official Raspberry Pi Zero 2 power supply is the ideal way to power your Raspberry Pi Zero 2
- Micro-USB OTG Shim - connect a mouse or keyboard to the Zero 2's micro-USB port with these handy USB shims
Top Raspberry Pi Zero 2 Accessories
We also have some great accessories to help you make the most out of your Raspberry Pi Zero 2. Check out our Top 10 Raspberry Pi Zero 2 Accessories blog to find even more!
Quickly and easily cut power with our micro-USB Power Switch - the ideal add-on for the official Raspberry Pi Zero 2 power supply.
Our pick of the most essential Raspberry Pi Zero 2 accessories in a handy storage tin. Includes headers, adapters, cables and more!
These custom colour-coded headers make it much easier to find the right pin when wiring up your Raspberry Pi Zero 2 projects. You'll need to solder a header onto your Zero 2 if you want to connect hardware such as LEDs and sensors - or select our pre-soldered Zero 2 before adding to cart!
If you're planning on pushing your board to the max, you may want to fit a heatsink to maintain decent operating temperatures. Our Raspberry Pi Zero 2 heatsinks are available in no less than 7 colours!
These compact camera modules fit straight into the Raspberry Pi Zero 2's CSI camera port and offer great picture quality and value for money. Standard, NOIR, Fisheye and night vision versions available!
Raspberry Pi Zero 2 Specification
- Processor: Broadcom BCM2710A1, quad-core 64-bit SoC (Arm Cortex-A53 @ 1GHz)
- Memory: 512MB LPDDR2
- 2.4GHz IEEE 802.11b/g/n wireless LAN
- Bluetooth 4.2
- Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE)
- Onboard antenna
- 1 × USB 2.0 interface with OTG
- HAT-compatible 40-pin I/O header footprint
- MicroSD card slot
- Mini HDMI port
- CSI-2 camera connector
- HDMI interface
- Composite video (via test points)
- MPEG-4 decode (1080p30)
- H.264 encode (1080p30)
- OpenGL ES 1.1, 2.0 graphics
- Input power: 5V DC 2.5A
- Dimensions: 65mm × 30mm
- Operating temperature: -20°C to +70°C
- Production lifetime: Raspberry Pi Zero 2 W will remain in production until at least January 2028
- Compliance: For a full list of local and regional product approvals, please visit pip.raspberrypi.com
- Raspberry Pi Zero 2 Announcement
- Raspberry Pi Getting Started Guide
- Raspberry Pi Zero 2 Product Brief
- 1x Raspberry Pi Zero 2 W board (select with or without pre-soldered headers before adding to cart)
No accessories or adapters included