The Olimex Neo6502 is a complete 6502 retro computer that merges the classic W65C02 processor with modern innovation, featuring the RP2040 with 2MB Flash, benefits from dual-core ARM Cortex-M0+ processors, versatile I/O options and other advanced features.
The included I/O, such as HDMI for standard monitors, USB-C for power and USB-A for peripherals, allows convenient old-school development in a modern world. You can see a hands-on video of an early prototype board here!
The Neo name was chosen for two reasons. First, it implies the modern design, then we liked the analogy with the movie The Matrix as the W65C02 lives in a virtual world and thinks it has real memory, video and keyboard...but all of this is virtual and emulated by the RP2040!
Matching enclosure coming soon!
Note: Board only - no cables, power supply or accessories included.
- Real W65C02 processor executing every instruction as it was executed in early retro computers,
no emulation for the processor, all timing is exact
- RP2040 with 2MB of SPI Flash, east to load new firmware via drag and drop virtual drive
- HDMI output
- USB host which can be used for programming and to connection to keyboard, mouse, USB Flash etc
- Audio buzzer which you can enable/disable
- Audio 3.5mm connector for external audio amplifier
- USB-C connector for power supply
- 6502 BUS connector with all signals
- UEXT connector with I2C, UART and SPI for connecting to external boards
- 4 position slide switch which allow buzzer enable and connection of RESB, NMIB and IRQB to
- UEXT GPIO signals if used.
- RP2040 programming bootloader button
- Four mounting holes 3.3mm diameter
- Dimension 80x55mm
- User manual
- Veselin Sladkov Apple ][ and Oric Atmos emulators GitHub repository
- Rien Matthijsse EHBasic GitHub repository
- Paul Robson Neo6502 BASIC GitHub repository and online emulator
- KiCAD source files
- EU Declaration of conformity
- UKCA Declaration of conformity
- Did you ever hear for Mad-Pascal? Now you can program Neo6502 with this 32-bit Turbo-Pascal for Atari XL/XE compiler
- Neo6502 Open Source Hardware Retro Computer NeoBasic gets in shape for Game development and more!
- Neo6502 now can emulate Apple ][ and Oric Atmos
- Neo6502: First look, Install & Powerup! (early development version)
- 1x Olimex Neo6502 board