On the same single I2C port, the DFRobot Gravity: I2C Multiplexer solves the issue of device address conflicts, enabling normal communication with multiple same-address I2C devices.
You just found the sensor you need, and you want to wire up two or more to the I2C port of your main board, but later you realise that they both have the same fixed I2C address - dang! Now your project has stalled as you can't use them on the same I2C port. Are you out of luck? Nope! This I2C multiplexer can easily solve the address conflict on the same I2C port.
This I2C multiplexer is easy to use, plug and plug and requires no soldering. The multiplexer has 8 I2C ports, which means you can hook up 8 same-address devices at the same I2C port via this board. The default I2C address of the multiplexer is 0x70, and you can adjust it from 0x70 to 0x77. In theory, you could hook up 8 multiplexers on address 0x70~0x77, to control 64 same-address devices. So powerful!
- 3.3~5.0V operating voltage
- 3.3V I2C digital level, optimized for 3.3V boards such as the Raspberry Pi, also compatible with 5V control boards such as the Arduino UNO
- Gravity I2C Connector, plug and play
- On-board I2C address dial switch, the I2C address can be set
- Supports the cascade of 8 multiplexers on address 0x70~0x77
- 4-pin colour-coded headers
- Operating Voltage: 3.3~5.0V
- Connector Type: PH2.0-4P
- Interface Level: high 3.3V, low 0V
- Interface Protocol: I2C
- I2C Clock Rate: 100K, 400K
- I2C Port Quantity: 8
- Default I2C Address: 0x70 (dial switches all to 0)
- I2C Address Range: 0x70~0x77
- Dimension: 32mm x 32mm
- 1x Gravity: Digital 1-to-8 I2C Multiplexer
- 1x Gravity 4-pin UART/I2C Cable
- 1x XH 2.54mm 5-pin Header