3.7V lithium batteries are commonly used in projects, however, the remaining power and voltage of the lithium battery are highly nonlinear. We can only roughly judge whether the battery is full or almost empty according to its voltage.
The Gravity I2C 3.7V Lithium Battery Fuel Gauge employs the Gravity I2C interface, ultra-low operating current and real-time tracking of the relative state of charge (SOC) of the battery through Maxim's patented algorithm, eliminating the need for full-to-empty relearning and offset accumulation errors. The module also features a low battery power alert interrupt function. When the battery power falls below a specified threshold, the ALR pin generates a falling pulse to trigger the external interrupt of the microcontroller.
You will find it a great help to estimate the battery life by learning the power consumption of the system with this module. In solar-powered projects, it helps to record the status of the battery power change in a day or even months, which benefits to understand the power balance of charge and discharge of the solar system.
Connection Example - Arduino
Connection Example - Raspberry Pi
- Maxim's Patented Algorithm, accurate voltage and remaining power readings of lithium battery
- No Full-to-Empty Relearning Process, No Offset Accumulation Errors, Plug and Play
- Wide Input Voltage, Compatible with 3.3V and 5V Controllers
- Programmable Low Power Alert Interrupt Threshold
- Battery Reverse Connection Protection
- Input Voltage (VCC): 3.3V~6.0V
- Battery Input Voltage (BAT IN): 2.5V~4.2V
- Battery Type(BAT IN): 3.7V Li-polymer/Li-ion battery
- Operating Current: 50 uA
- Interface: Gravity I2C (logic level: 0-3.3V)
- Dimension: 22.0x30.0mm
|C||SCL||I2C Clock Signal|
|D||SDA||I2C Data Signal|
|ALR||ALRT*||Low battery power alert interrupt (active low)|
|BAT IN||Battery input||3.7V lithium battery connection port|
|REV BAT||Battery reverse Indicator||When connection is reversed, REV BAT lights up|
- 1x Gravity: I2C 3.7V Li Battery Fuel Gauge
- 1x XH2.54-2P Header
- 1x Gravity 4-pin I2C/ UART Sensor Wire