The HiFiBerry DAC2 HD is a high-end digital-to-analogue converter for the Raspberry Pi (newer models with 40 pin GPIO connector).
- Stereo output
- Dedicated 192kHz/24bit high-quality Burr-Brown DAC
- Custom current-to-voltage output stage with high-end filtering
- Four ultra-low-noise linear voltage regulators for optimal audio performance
- Low-jitter clock for optimised clock performance (independent from Raspberry Pi clock sources)
- Hardware volume control for DAC. You can control the output volume using “alsamixer” or any application that supports ALSA mixer controls.
- Supports HiFiBerry DSP add-on module
- Connects directly to the Raspberry Pi, no additional cables needed
- No soldering - comes as a pre-fabricated kit. You just plug it onto the Raspberry Pi, it conforms to the Raspberry Pi hardware-attached-on-top (HAT) specification.
- Compatible with all Raspberry Pi models with a 40-pin GPIO connector
- Directly powered from the Raspberry Pi, no additional power supply required
- HAT compliant, EEPROM for automatic configuration
- Gold plated RCA output connectors
- Comes with all components required to mount it. We include 4 M2.5x12mm spacers to fix the board onto the Raspberry Pi
- Requires at least Linux kernel 4.19.97
Please ensure you have the most recent Raspberry Pi Linux Kernel (at least 4.19.97) by following this link: https://www.hifiberry.com/docs/archive/deploying-a-new-linux-kernel-onto-a-raspbian-based-system/
Overlay for config.txt:
|Maximum output voltage||2.1Vrms|
|DAC signal-to-noise ratio||123db||typical|
|DAC THD+N||-108db||typical, 44.1kHz, -10dBFS|
Please note: The actual board look may vary. Layout and components might change without notice. HiFiBerry do not guarantee a specific PCB layout or specific components.
Payment & Accreditations
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.