So you have a Teensy and a RGB LED Matrix Panel and you want an easy way to add graphics to your matrix without having to toss aside your Teensy or do too much soldering. Enter the SmartMatrix SmartLED Shield (V4) for Teensy 3.2, 3.5, or 3.6 (not the Teensy LC)!
The SmartLED Shield gives you an easy way to connect up a Teensy 3.2, Teensy 3.5, or Teensy 3.6 to one of our RGB LED Matrix Panels. The example sketches included with the SmartMatrix Library will get you started quickly displaying graphics, patterns, or even animated GIFs from a microSD card on your panel.
Note: compared to previous versions of the SmartMatrix Shield, the microSD card slot was removed, as it is redundant when combined with the Teensy 3.5/3.6
The shield brings the 13 I/O signals needed to drive the panel out to a connector that matches the pinout on the panel, and brings the rest of the I/O signals out to convenient expansion headers. The board includes pre-soldered 5V level shifters.
It's a great board for easily expanding your Teensy's capabilities. You'll also need to program in your Teensy with the SmartMatrix code available on the project website.
- Dimensions: 52mm x 49mm x 6mm / 2" x 1.9" x 0.23"
- Length with attached cable: 138 mm
- Height w/ Components: 15mm / 0.6"
- Weight: 12g (only board), 22g (board w/header and cable)
Full Kit Contents
- SmartLED Shield V4
- Male 4-pin JST SM Cable (10cm)
- 2x8 Extra Long Pin Header
- As of Monday, December 11th, 2017 we are selling the upgraded SmartMatrix SmartLED Shield (V4) for Teensy 3.
Payment & Accreditations
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.