The RoboHAT2 Zero is a complete robotics controller for the Raspberry Pi Zero, successor to the original RoboHAT!
Ideal for making little Raspberry Pi robots with handy features to expand your project, the RoboHat2 can control 2-4 motors and provides up to 1A per channel and can use up to 11V.
The HAT includes LED indicators, 5V level-shifted GPIO inputs and outputs and separate power connections for motors.
Supports all models of Raspberry Pi with 40-pin Connector. Supplied fully assembled, no soldering is required.
Want to use bigger motors or need more features? Take a look at the full-size RoboHAT2!
Just look at the features provided in this small board:
- High efficiency, dual H-Bridge driver to drive 2 DC motors (or 2 sets of 2 if using paired motors on each side of the robot)
- LED indication of 5V power status
- 6, 5V level shifted GPIO inputs with GVS 3-pin connectors (Ground, Volts, Signal)
- 4, 5V level shifted GPIO outputs with GVS 3-pin connectors
- Separate power for motors (up to 11V and 1A per motor)
- The output connectors can be used directly to drive servos
- Python library module and examples are freely available. Uses existing RoboHat library - no pin changes from version 1 to version 2
- Fully assembled. No soldering is required.
To download the library and example programs, you can use the following commands from your Raspberry Pi in the home folder (open LXTerminal from desktop). Note not all examples will be applicable to the RoboHAT Zero (such as the sensor examples):
- wget https://4tronix.co.uk/robohat.sh -O robohat.sh
- bash robohat.sh