This Pololu 25D gearmotor consists of a low-power, 12V brushed DC motor combined with a 34:1 (34.014:1) metal spur gearbox. The gearmotor is cylindrical, with a diameter just under 25mm, and the D-shaped output shaft is 4mm in diameter and extends 12.5mm from the faceplate of the gearbox.
In general, these kinds of motors can run at voltages above and below their nominal voltages (they can begin rotating at voltages as low as 1V); lower voltages might not be practical, and higher voltages could start negatively affecting the life of the motor. This motor will run at 6V but is intended for operation at 12V.
Note: Stalling or overloading gearmotors can greatly decrease their lifetimes and even result in immediate damage. The listed stall torques and currents are theoretical extrapolations; units will typically stall well before these points as the motors heat up. The recommended upper limit for continuously applied loads is 4 kg⋅cm (55 oz⋅in), and the recommended upper limit for intermittently permissible torque is 8 kg⋅cm (110 oz⋅in). Stalls can also result in rapid (potentially on the order of seconds) thermal damage to the motor windings and brushes; a general recommendation for brushed DC motor operation is 25% or less of the stall current.
|No-load speed @ 12V||170 rpm|
|No-load current @ 12V||0.050A|
|Stall current @ 12V||0.90A|
|Stall torque @ 12V||3.7 kg·cm|
|Max output power @ 12V||1.6W|
|No-load speed @ 6V||85 rpm|
|Stall current @ 6V||0.45A|
|Stall torque @ 6V||1.9 kg·cm|
|Motor type||12V, 0.9A stall (LP 12V)|
|Size||25D x 52L mm|
|Shaft diameter||4 mm|
Performance at Maximum Efficiency
|Max efficiency @ 12V||42%|
|Speed at max efficiency||140 rpm|
|Torque at max efficiency||0.50 kg·cm|
|Current at max efficiency||0.14 A|
|Output power at max efficiency||0.73 W|
- Datasheet for Pololu 25D Metal Gearmotors
- Dimension diagram of the Pololu 25D Metal Gearmotors
- 3D models of 25D mm gearmotors
The downloadable diagram shows the dimensions of the 25D line of metal gearmotors (units are mm over [inches]).
Warning: Do not screw too far into the mounting holes as the screws can hit the gears. We recommend screwing no more than 6mm into the screw holes.
- Gearmotor Face Plate - The gearmotor face plate has two mounting holes threaded for M3 screws. You can use our custom-designed 25D metal gearmotor bracket to mount the gearmotor to your project via the mounting holes and the screws that come with the bracket.
- Universal Mounting Hubs - The 4mm diameter gearbox output shaft works with Pololu multi-hub wheels. That shaft also works with the Pololu universal aluminum mounting hub for 4mm shafts, which can be used to mount our larger Pololu wheels (60mm-, 70mm-, 80mm-, and 90mm-diameter) or custom wheels and mechanisms to the gearmotor’s output shaft.
- Scooter Wheel Adapters - You can use our 4mm scooter wheel adapters to mount many common skateboard, inline skate or scooter wheels to the gearmotor’s output shaft.
- 12mm Hex Wheel Adapters - For a general-purpose hex adapter, consider our 12mm hex wheel adapters which lets you use this motor with many common hobby RC wheels.
- Wild Thumper Wheels - These motors also work with the hex adapters included with the 120mm-diameter Wild Thumper wheels