It's a very convenient solution if you want to use your 5V boards in a car - the DCDC6-16-TO5 will transform the 12V input to 5V/2A output.
The input connector is a standard centre-positive barrel jack. The output connector is USB-A which you can use in conjunction with a matching USB cable for your microcontroller (most commonly a micro-USB or USB-C cable).
As this module offers 2A max current, it's not really suitable for a Raspberry Pi 3 or 4. Low-power projects using the Raspberry Pi Zero should be fine.
- Input (barrel jack side): 6-16VDC
- Output (USB side): 5VDC, up to 2A
- Red status LED
- Power consumption - 15mA @ 12V
- 4 placement holes for attaching to own designs
- PCB size: Approximately 44 x 23 mm
- 1x DCDC6-16-TO5 Power Converter Module