This LED ring from Seeed includes 16 full-colour WS2813 Mini LEDs placed around a 58 mm diameter ring.
The WS2813B-Mini intelligent control LED is an upgraded version of the WS2812B, the control circuit and RGB chip are integrated into a package of 3535 components. With the help of the built-in control circuit, each LED is addressable. So you can control the lighting and colour of specific LED lights as you like, creating endless lighting effects.
A significant advantage of WS2813B-Mini compared to traditional LED is the support for signal break-point continuous transmission. This means that even if one or two LEDs are damaged, the entire LED ring will still work properly. Each LED is chainable and we also keep the chainable pads on the back of the LED rings, so you can cascade several LED rings to make it even cooler. Since all Grove - RGB LED Rings are based on WS2813 Mini, you can also connect the rings of different diameters together.
When multiple light rings are connected, the control signal can be input from the Grove SIG pin or from the DIN input. However, Grove VCC has an insufficient power supply and needs to input power from VIN.
On top of that, we have the onboard Grove connector and cable, making it quicker and easier to get started when using a Grove system.
- 256 grey levels, 256*256*256=16777216” full-colour display
- Built-in control circuit in a 3535 components
- Chainable - can be cascaded with multiple LED rings
- Support 5V/3.3V power in, support 5V/3.3V control data level.
- Dual-signal wires, signal break-point continuous transmission
- 1: Control data signal input *1
- 2: Control data signal output
- 3: Power supply 5V/3.3V *2
- 4: Connected to system GND
- 5: Power supply from Grove 5V/3.3V *2
- 6: Not connected
- 7: Control data signal input from Grove connector *1
*1 The control data signal inputs are connected. Please do not input different signals at the same time.
*2 The two power ports are isolated, and the Grove VCC can only supply up to 400mA, so please use VIN when multiple LED rings are cascaded.
- Product Wiki (Wiki for the 20 LED version, but the cone and connections are the same, just change PIXEL_COUNT to 16 and you're golden!)