The Gravity: Lightning Sensor employs the innovative AS3935 Franklin lightning sensor IC and Coilcraft MA5532-AE dedicated antenna to detect lightning distance, intensity and frequency within a radius of 40km both indoors or outdoors.
The embedded man-made disturber rejection algorithm can effectively avoid the electrical interference generated by various household appliances. In addition to allowing general weather enthusiasts to measure local thunderstorm data simply and efficiently, thanks to its compact size and wide detection range, it can also be embedded in various smart wearable devices.
This provides early warning of thunderstorms so that people can take precautions. The sensor can also be embedded in the indoor protection device inside lightning-sensitive equipment, and automatically trigger these devices to switch to the backup power to isolate the power grid when lightning strikes. At the moment of lightning, the interrupt pin IRQ generates a pulse. This can be used to trigger the shutter to open, helping photographers to accurately capture the exciting moment of lightning.
The maximum estimated distance of a lightning strike is 40km. Limited by the inherent measurement method and algorithm, the distance estimation resolution is 1~4km, 40 km in 15 steps. See the Wiki for more information.
Connection Example - Arduino
Connection Example - Raspberry Pi
- Lightning detection within 40km in 15 steps
- Lighting intensity detection
- Used both indoors or outdoors
- Embedded man-made disturber rejection algorithm
- Input Voltage: 3.3V~5.5V
- Maximum Detection Range: 40 km
- Distance Detection Resolution: 1~4 km
- Intensity Detection Resolution: 21 bits, i.e. 0 ~16777201
- I2C Address: Three options 0x03, 0x02, 0x01
- Interface: Gravity I2C (logic level: 0-VCC)
- Dimension: 30.0mm x 22.0mm
|1||VCC||Power VCC (3.3~5.5V)|
|3||SCL||I2C clock signal|
|4||SDA||I2C data signal|
|5||ADDR||I2C address DIP switch|
|6||IRQ||Lightning alarm interrupt pin|
|7||PWR||Power indicator (red)|
- 1x Gravity: Lightning Sensor
- 1x XH2.54-2P Black Header
- 1x Gravity-4P I2C/ UART Sensor Wire