Automatic Dependent Surveillance - Broadcast (ADS-B) is a technology which enables aircraft to determine their position via satellite and then broadcast it. This information can be received by ground stations enabling aircraft to be tracked. With FlightAware, you can build and run your own ADS-B ground station that can be installed anywhere and receive real-time data directly from airplanes on your Raspberry Pi!
The FlightAware Pro Stick is a USB SDR ADS-B Receivers with the FlightAware Pro Stick and Pro Stick Plus, high-performance USB R820T2 Software Defined Radios (SDR) with a built-in RF amp for maximum ADS-B/MLAT performance. The first of its kind, FlightAware's Pro Stick is compatible with PiAware or any other device that supports USB RTLSDR receivers, and is less expensive than any other RTLSDR USB receiver in the world.
The Pro Stick and Pro Stick Plus are roughly the size of a traditional USB stick and require no external power. There are no moving parts.
Pro Stick Features
Higher Performance for ADS-B and MLAT
- 20-100% range improvement vs traditional USB SDR sticks
- R820T2 SDR combined with FlightAware RF Amplifier (USB powered)
- Native SMA connector yields reduced loss due to antenna cabling/adapters
Easier to Setup
- SMA F connector for easy connectivity to high-performance antenna
- No MCX adapters required
- No external amplifier required
Pro Stick Specifications
- Chip: R820T2
- Amplifier: 19dB with 0.4dB noise figure and OIP3 +39dB
- TCXO: 0.5 ppm
- Power Draw: 300mA
- Weight: 17g / 0.6oz
- Dimensions: 95mm x 32mm x 13mm
- Antenna Port: SMA female (requires SMA antenna cable and optionally N-male adapter for large antenna)
- Range: Over 275nm/500km depending on installation quality
- Performance: 20-100% range improvement for Mode S message vs traditional RTL SDR
- Computer: Raspberry Pi 3 Running PiAware Recommended
Payment & Accreditations
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.