The FireBeetle 2 ESP32-S3 is a high-performance USB-C microcontroller built around the ESP32-S3-WROOM-1-N16R8 module.
The ESP32-S3-WROOM-1-N16R8 comes with 16MB Flash and 8MB PSRAM for storing more data. The acceleration for neural network computing and signal processing workloads provided by the ESP32-S3 chip make the module an ideal choice for a wide variety of applications, such as speech recognition, image recognition and more.
Two versions of this board are available (please select an option above before adding to cart) - one with an external antenna connector (with antenna included) and one without (internal PCB antenna).
Powerful Chips and Expanded Storage
The acceleration for neural network computing and signal processing workloads provided by the ESP32-S3 chip makes the module an ideal choice for a wide variety of applications, such as speech recognition and image recognition.
For instance, when training for facial recognition, it is possible to store a greater number of facial models. This allows for faster results when conducting data comparisons.
WiFi and Bluetooth
In addition, the FireBeetle 2 ESP32-S3 supports WiFi and Bluetooth 5 (LE) dual-mode communication that reduces the difficulty of networking, with both Bluetooth Mesh protocol and Espressif WiFi Mesh supported for more stable communication and a larger coverage area. With the support of Matter protocol, the board can be used to develop industrial standard smart home devices for a wider range of IoT scenarios.
Onboard Camera Interface
The board has an onboard camera interface for easy connection with a compatible camera. The board also uses an independent camera power supply circuit to help reduce interference from other signals to the camera. The board comes with an OV2640 camera that offers 2 megapixel, 68° FOV and up to 1600×1200 resolution.
The FireBeetle 2 ESP32-S3 offers an onboard camera interface for easy connection with a camera (included). Also, an independent camera power supply circuit is designed, which helps reduce interference from other signals to the camera. The board comes with an OV2640 camera that offers 2 megapixels, a 68°FOV, and up to 1600*1200 resolution.
For instance, in a smart home scenario, the board's camera can be utilised to monitor the situation at home. When someone enters, it can automatically send notifications and store the captured image data for reporting purposes.
The controller integrates a power management function which enables users to charge a LiPo battery and turn the hardware on/off.
Programming can be achieved via the Arduino IDE, ESP-IDF and MicroPython. Both C and Python are supported!
GDI Display Ready
There is also an onboard GDI port for use with DFRobot GDI-compatible displays.
- ESP32-S3 module with AI Acceleration
- 16MB Flash & 8MB PSRAM, more storage space
- Onboard camera interface & independent camera power supply, easy to connect and strong anti-interference
- Power management integrated, support Li-ion battery charging and hardware On/OFF controlling
- Onboard GDI for easy connection with screens
- Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 5 dual-mode communication
- Operating Voltage: 3.3V
- Type-C Input Voltage: 5V DC
- VCC Input Voltage: 5V DC
- Max Charging Current: 1A
- Operating Temperature: -20 to 70℃
- Dimension: 25.4x60mm/1x2.36”
- Processor: Xtensa® dual-core 32-bit LX7 microprocessor
- Main Frequency: 240 MHz
- SRAM: 512KB
- ROM: 384KB
- Flash: 16MB
- PSRAM: 8MB
- RTC SRAM: 16KB
- USB: USB 2.0 OTG full-speed
- WIFI Protocol: IEEE 802.11b/g/n
- Bandwidth: Support 20 MHz and 40 MHz at 2.4 GHz band
- WIFI Mode: Station, SoftAP, SoftAP+Station combined mode
- WIFI Frequency: 2.4GHz
- Frame Aggregation: TX/RX A-MPDU, TX/RX A-MSDU
- Bluetooth Protocol: Bluetooth 5, Bluetooth mesh
- Bluetooth Frequency: 125 Kbps, 500 Kbps, 1 Mbps, 2 Mbps
- Digital I/O x26
- LED PWM Controller 8 Channels
- SPI x4
- UART x3
- I2C x2
- I2S x2
- IR Transceiver: transmit channel x5, receive channel x5
- 2×12-bit SAR ADC, 20 Channels
- DMA Controller: transmit channel x5, receive channel x5
- 1x FireBeetle 2 ESP32-S3 (select antenna option before adding to cart)
- 1x OV2640 Camera
- 1x 18-pin 2.54mm Pin Header
- 1x 18-pin 2.54mm Female Header
- 1x 14-pin 2.54mm Pin Header
- 1x 14-pin 2.54mm Female Header