LiPo (Lithium Polymer) batteries are a great way to power your portable projects (ideal for the Adafruit Feather!). Compared to other battery chemistries they're more compact, lighter and offer a consistent voltage output (rather than constantly dropping like other types!). They also offer higher rates of discharge which is ideal for high-power projects.
This LiPo battery has a capacity of 1200mAh (3.7V) with a 2-pin JST-PH connector on a ~100mm cable. ideal for most projects and wearables!
The batteries include internal protection against over-charging or under-voltage, which makes the battery out at around 3V. You should still use a dedicated LiPo charger with protection built-in - we recommend the Adafruit Micro Lipo as it has a convenient USB tail, a safe charge rate and a three-stage battery conditioning/charge cycle.
Lithium Battery Shipping: This product can only be shipped to the UK mainland. With this item in your cart, your shipping options will be limited to DHL. Why?
Always Check Polarity!
Not all devices follow the same polarity so always (always!) double-check the LiPo battery port polarity on your device before connecting a battery. If the polarity (+ and -) is different to the battery, consider switching the JST connector wires over.
Important! Lithium batteries require careful storage and usage, and must only be charged/discharged within the ratings listed. Please only consider purchasing this item if you have the knowledge and equipment to use and maintain these batteries properly. If you accidentally damage (bend/pierce/crush/dent) these batteries, stop using them immediately and dispose of them safely and responsibly.
- Never carry loose batteries – they should be suitably boxed/protected at all times when not in use
- Do not short batteries
- Always use a battery charger or circuit board charging module specifically designed for Lithium batteries (such as the Micro Lipo)
- Do not use a NiMH/NiCad/lead-acid charger with these batteries!
- Never leave a battery charger unattended
- Never completely discharge batteries
- All batteries should be checked for damage regularly
- Do not expose to extremes of heat or cold, or sudden fluctuations between the two
- Always dispose of end-of-life batteries at your local WEEE recycling centre
- Nominal voltage: 3.7V
- Capacity: 1200mAh
- Cable length: ~100mm
- Connector: JST-PH
- Discharge performance: 0.5C-1C (0.5C recommended)
- High energy density
- Wide operating temperature range: Charge at 0～45℃ Discharge at –20～60℃
- Designed for a safe operation, all batteries are equipped with multiple safety features, including a safe shut-down separator and a safety vent
- Low self-discharge rate: under 3% self-discharge for one year
- long cycle life over 500 times
- No memory effects
- Complies with IEC62133 CB CE safety standard
- Battery Cell Size: 62mm x 35mm x 5mm
- 1x 1200mAh 3.7V LiPo Battery