This is a compact WiFi LCD development board from Waveshare based on the ESP32-S2 with a pinout that supports most HATs designed for the Raspberry Pi Pico!
The board offers a 160x80 IPS colour 0.96" LCD, onboard 3.7V lithium battery charge/discharge header, numerous peripheral interfaces, integrated low-power Wi-Fi System-on-Chip (SoC), USB-C connectivity and mass memory. Equipped with a hardware crypto accelerator, RNG, HMAC and Digital Signature module, it can meet the security requirements of the Internet of Things.
Multiple low-power operating states are available to satisfy power requirements in IoT, mobile devices, wearable electronics, smart home and other application scenarios.
We also stock a standard version without the LCD!
- Supports the Raspberry Pi Pico expansion board ecosystem
- Xtensa single-core 32-bit LX7 microprocessor, ESP32-S2FH4, support clock frequency up to 240 MHz
- Integrated 320KB SRAM, 128KB ROM, 8MB PSRAM, 4MB Flash memory
- Supports IEEE802.11 b/g/n, on-board 2.4 GHz WiFi ceramic antenna, up to 150 Mbps data transfer rate
- On-board 0.96" 160×80 pixels 65K colour IPS LCD display
- On-board single 3.7V lithium battery charge/discharge header
- USB-C connector, no more plug orientation problem
- On-chip integrated full-speed USB OTG interface, LCD interface (8-bit serial RGB/8080/6800), TWAI controller (ISO11898-1 compatible), capacitive sensor GPIO, temperature sensor and RMT (TX/RX)
- On-board 1.8A current high-efficiency boost/buck DC-DC TPS63000 power supply IC
- Support a variety of low-power operating states for adjusting the optimal balance between communication distance, data rate and power consumption
- C/C++, MicroPython and CircuitPython Support
What's On Board
- Xtensa single-core 32-bit LX7 microprocessor
- 8MB PSRAM
- High-efficiency DC-DC buck-boost chip
- High-efficiency Lithium battery recharge manager
5) Battery header
- MX1.25 header, for 3.7V Lithium battery charging/discharging
6) WiFi ceramic antenna
- Compatible with Raspberry Pi Pico
8) USB Type-C connector
- For programming, serial printing, etc.
9) BOOT button
- BOOT button, press BOOT and then RESET button to enter download mode
10) RESET button
11) 0.96" IPS LCD
- 160×80 resolution, 65K colours
- 1x Waveshare ESP32-S2-Pico (LCD Version)
For more details, please check ESP32-S2 Datasheet, Chapter 3.10 Peripheral Pin Assignments, and the schematic