LiPo (Lithium Polymer) batteries are a great way to power your portable projects (ideal for the Adafruit Feather!). Compared to other battery chemistries they're more compact, lighter and offer a consistent voltage output (rather than constantly dropping like other types!). They also offer higher rates of discharge which is ideal for high-power projects.
This is our smallest LiPo battery with a capacity of 150mAh (3.7V), with a 2-pin JST-PH connector on a ~100mm cable. Ideal for smaller projects and compact enough for wearables!
The batteries include internal protection against over-charging or under-voltage, which makes the battery out at around 3V. You should still use a dedicated LiPo charger with protection built-in - we recommend the Adafruit Micro Lipo as it has a convenient USB tail, a safe charge rate and a three-stage battery conditioning/charge cycle.
Lithium Battery Shipping: Due to courier restrictions, this product can only be shipped within England/Wales. With this item in your cart, your shipping options will be limited to DHL. Why?
Always Check Polarity!
Not all devices follow the same polarity so always (always!) double-check the LiPo battery port polarity on your device before connecting a battery. If the polarity (+ and -) is different to the battery, consider switching the JST connector wires over.
Important! Lithium batteries require careful storage and usage, and must only be charged/discharged within the ratings listed. Please only consider purchasing this item if you have the knowledge and equipment to use and maintain these batteries properly. If you accidentally damage (bend/pierce/crush/dent) these batteries, stop using them immediately and dispose of them safely and responsibly.
- Never carry loose batteries – they should be suitably boxed/protected at all times when not in use
- Do not short batteries
- Always use a battery charger or circuit board charging module specifically designed for Lithium batteries (such as the Micro Lipo)
- Do not use a NiMH/NiCad/lead-acid charger with these batteries!
- Never leave a battery charger unattended
- Never completely discharge batteries
- All batteries should be checked for damage regularly
- Do not expose to extremes of heat or cold, or sudden fluctuations between the two
- Always dispose of end-of-life batteries at your local WEEE recycling centre
- Nominal voltage: 3.7V
- Capacity: 150mAh
- Cable length: ~100mm
- Connector: JST-PH
- Discharge performance: 0.2C to 3.0V
- High energy density
- Wide operating temperature range: Charge at 0～45℃ Discharge at –20～60℃
- Designed for safe operation, all batteries are equipped with multiple safety features, including a safe shut-down separator and a safety vent
- Low self-discharge rate: under 3% self-discharge for one year
- long cycle life of over 500 times
- No memory effects
- Complies with IEC62133 CB CE safety standard
- Battery Cell Size: 26mm x 21m x 4mm
- 1x 150mAh 3.7V LiPo Battery