The SparkFun ProDriver makes it easy to start developing with the TC78H670FTG bipolar stepper motor driver from Toshiba! Latch terminals provide instant solder-less connections to every feature offered. Use our extensive Arduino Library with 10 examples, and you can quickly explore the many features of this precise and small package size motor driver IC.
In addition to high resolution control (down to 1/128th of a step), the ProDriver can be controlled via traditional clock-in stepping or serial commands. Both methods are demonstrated in the Arduino Library. The serial command method is especially unique in that it allows the user to precisely control the phase, torque, current limit and mixed decay ratio of each coil immediately during stepping. Most stepper motor driver ICs require using an external trimpot to set the current limit, but with the ProDriver, you can precisely adjust this via serial commands!
- Toshiba TC78H670FTG Clock-in and Serial controlled Bipolar Stepping Motor Driver
- Latch terminals for plug and play access (no soldering required!)
- Allows full, half, quarter, 1/8, 1/16, 1/32, 1/64, 1/128 step operation
- Power supply operating voltage: 3.6 V to 16.0 V
- Output current ratings: 2.0 A (max)
- Additional over current protection provided by an on-board PTC
- Multi error detect functions (Thermal shutdown (TSD), Over current (ISD), motor load open (OPD) and Under-voltage lockout (UVLO))
- Exposed copper for optional bottom-side heat sink
- Extensive Arduino Library support with 10 examples!
- Eagle Files
- Board Dimensions
- Hookup Guide
- Datasheet (TC78H670FTG)
- Arduino Library
- GitHub Hardware Repository
Payment & Accreditations
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.