Picon Zero is an Intelligent robotics controller for your Raspberry Pi based mobile robot. A built-in processor handles all the direct communication with your input and output devices, leaving you to worry about the overall control with your Raspberry Pi program.
This controller board is supplied fully assembled. No soldering is required.
Programming is fully supported with an extensive Python library (ScratchGPIO also available here!)
- Supports all models of Raspberry Pi with 40 pin Connector
- The Picon Zero fits the 4B or 3B+ model of Pi, but you need an additional spacer to keep it away from the POE pins. We now include these spacers with every Picon Zero.
- I2C interface, leaving all GPIO pins free for your own use*
- 2 full H-Bridge motor drivers with full forward/reverse and speed control. Up to 1.5A continuous per channel (2A peak)
- 6 general-purpose output channels (5V) that can be set as: Digital, PWM, Servo, WS2812 FireLeds ( aka "neopixels")
- 4 general-purpose inputs (5V) that can be Digital, Analog, DS18B20 (digital temperature sensor)
- All inputs and outputs use 3-pin GVS connectors (Ground, Volts, Signal) - allowing 3-pin sensors, servos, etc. to plug straight in
- Dedicated socket for HC-SR04 ultrasonic sensor. Plug it straight in, or use jumper wires to mount it further away
- 5 GPIO signals, 5V, 3V and Ground brought out to a header
- Power for outputs can be from Raspberry Pi's 5V or from an external USB input line
- Power for motors can be from internal/external 5V, or from a separate power source (3V to 11V)
- Both motor terminals have 2-pin screw connectors AND 2-pin male headers to allow maximum flexibility in connecting
- Python library module making it super-easy to use any of the features
- See this article for more information, software and examples.
- The Ultrasonic interface uses one GPIO pin, but can still be used as a general-purpose pin if the Ultrasonic sensor is not fitted.
- 5 of the GPIO pins are available on a female header. To access the others you will need to attach directly to the GPIO pins
- The Picon Zero also fits the 4B or 3B+ model of Pi, but you need an additional spacer to keep it away from the POE pins. We now include these spacers with every Picon Zero.
Payment & Accreditations
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.