With the development of IoT, there are so many platforms emerging but most of them are mainly designed for the professional user which can be very difficult for beginners to get started with.
DFRobot specifically developed the micro:IoT to overcome this problem - an easy-to-use micro:bit-based IoT expansion board lowering the barrier of entry with IoT.
The micro:IoT board is cute and friendly yet comes with a great feature list - integrated Wi-Fi, OLED, 2-way motor drive, 6-way IO port, 2-way IIC, 1-way serial port, 1-way buzzer, 3-way RGB, 2-way servo, Li-ion battery holder, charging circuit, emergency power interface and more! So many resources for you to learn and program!
Without background knowledge and experience, you can build your IoT applications in just a few steps!
DFRobot designed the board as a cloud shape to make it more suitable for the theme of IoT. As for the power supply, the board uses the CR123A 3.6V lithium rechargeable battery (not included). This kind of battery has a small size, high capacity and high safety. What’s more, they added short circuit and reverse connection protection for the product to further improve the safety of using Li-ion batteries.
It's an easy-to-use and efficient IoT teaching tool!
Note: micro:bit not included
Learn IoT the Easy Way!
- Weather forecast
- Light and temperature monitor
- Remote Watering System for IoT
- Environmental monitoring and automatic ventilation system
- Send an Email via IFTTT
- Record notes to Evernote via IFTTT
- Send Message to Twitter via IFTTT
- Send cellphone sms via IFTTT
- Automatic airer
- Entrance guard system for IoT
- Traffic flow analysis system for IoT
- ...and more! Check the details on the wiki page!
- Large size and function integration making teaching easier
- The lovely shape can trigger students' interest for learning
- Abundant extensions, such as wifi, motor driver, servo driver, OLED, GPIO, etc. making teaching content more diversified and abundant
- Integrated Wi-Fi IoT module, OLED screen, easy to update data
- 2-way motor drive, 2-way servo, 6-way IO port, 3-way RGB LED, more options for programming
- PMMA Packaging, prevent damage to the inside components
- Supports makecode, mind+, python etc
- Power Supply: Li-ion battery or External power
- STM8S IIC Address: 0×01
- Battery Type: CR123A 3.6V Rechargeable Li-ion Battery (DO NOT USE NON-RECHARGEABLE BATTERIES!)
- Digital Output Voltage: 0V/3.3V
- Analog Input Voltage: 0~3.3V DC
- Standard Gravity Pins
- Micro:bit Pins: P0 P1 P2 P8 P12 P16
- 2-way Motor Drive
- 2-way Servo Pins
- On-board 3-way RGB LED
- On-board buzzer and Switch
- Dimension: 148×112mm/5.83×4.41”
- Mount Hole: M3 Screw hole
- 1x micro:IoT
micro:bit not included