This waterproof SMD DS18B20 temperature sensor provides 9-bits to 12-bit (configurable) temperature measurement and communicates over a 1-Wire bus that by definition requires only one data line for communication with a central microprocessor (such as an Arduino).
It is suitable for measuring surface temperature and offers steady performance even in wet conditions or at a far distance. The sensor comes with silicon lead wire, more temperature resistant than normal PVC materials. These sensors are digital which means no signal degradation even over long distances! Its operating voltage is 3-5.5V.
Each DS18B20 has a unique 64bit serial code, which allows multiple DS18B20s to function on the same 1-Wire bus. Thus, it is simple to use one microprocessor to control many DS18B20s distributed over a large area. Applications that can benefit from this feature include HVAC environmental controls, temperature monitoring systems, process monitoring and control systems.
Connection Example - Arduino
You can directly connect this sensor to an IO expansion board with this optional adapter:
- DS18B20 temperature sensor
- Steady performance
- Digital signal
- Working Voltage: 3~5.5V
- Measuring Temperature Range: -10~+85°C
- Operating Temperature Range: -55~+125°C (-67~257°F)
- Wire Temperature Resistance: -55~+125°C
- Resolution: 9-12 bits
- Single-wire Interface: only one digital interface is needed for communication
- A 64-bit ID embedded in the chip
- Parallel sensors can share one interface
- Temperature limit alarm system
- Query time: ≤750ms
- Wiring Instructions: red -VCC, black -GND, blue -DATA
- 1x Waterproof SMD DS18B20 Digital Temperature Sensor