PTC stands for “Positive Temperature Coefficient”. This thermostatic ceramic PTC heating element can be used to automatically maintain a constant temperature without special temperature controllers and temperature sensors like thermal resistors and thermocouples for temperature feedback.
This is a 5V 100°C module. We also offer a 40°C version.
It is suitable for both AC and DC regardless of polarity. The power capacity should be over the maximum dissipation power of the heating element, otherwise it cannot work properly.
When powered on, the PTC thermistor heats up by itself. The surface temperature of the constant-temperature heating PTC thermistor will maintain a constant value. This temperature is related to the constant temperature of the PTC thermistor. Multiple heating pieces of the same voltage are connected in parallel and installed side by side. The heating pieces cannot be installed overlappingly, otherwise, the heat will offset.
It can be used for instrument preheating and anti-freezing, solenoid valve anti-freezing, circuit board dehumidification, inkjet printer nozzle anti-freezing, and suitable for heating and dehumidifying small equipment that is automated and unattended all year round. R&D professionals and technical personnel can use it to heat applications according to their needs, such as incubators, electronic thermos bottles, holding cabinets, water dispensers, hand warmers and more.
- Regarding power: The heating power goes from small to large to small after power-on and then finally stabilizes. The stable power is related to the use conditions. For the same PTC heater with different use conditions, the power may differ several times. The faster the heat dissipation, the greater the stable power. What we mark is the maximum power dissipation, and the actual power in use should be less than the maximum power dissipation.
- Usage scenarios: DO NOT use it on flammable and explosive materials or put it into water! DO NOT puncture or allow impact!
- Multiple units: If multiple heating elements are used together, they should be connected in parallel. The more heating elements, the greater the power. The decrease of the power supply voltage will make the heating time of the heating element longer and the power smaller, but the temperature is basically constant.
- Power supply selection: The low-voltage heating element should use a power supply with the same voltage as the heating element: generally switching power supplies, transformers, storage batteries, rechargeable batteries, large-capacity dry batteries etc. The power (capacity) of the power supply must be greater than the maximum dissipated power of the heating element so that the heating element can generate heat normally.
- AC or DC power supply regardless of the polarity
- High heat transfer rate, low power
- Aluminium tube encapsulation, constant temperature surface
- High temperature resistant silicone wire
- Built-in PTC heating chip
- Power can be adjusted automatically
- Rated voltage: DC/AC 5V
- Power: 4-8W
- Temperature: 100℃±10°C (Measured in an environment where the actual temperature is 25°C)
- Size: 25*20*5mm / 0.98*0.79*0.20 inches
- 1x PTC Heating Element (5V 100°C)