This is hot! Literally! Apply 5-12VDC and the stainless steel fibers in this heating fabric will warm up, creating a little heating pad. On one hand, it's just a gigantic resistor. On the other hand, it's flexible, light, and can be wrapped around a project. Originally designed for portable wearable heating pads, this fabric can be used for wearables, weather balloons, DIY-bio projects, thermal cycling for materials testing, etc.
The temperature reached varies with voltage. Note that while the data/spec sheet says 15cm, its more like ~14cm long. Check the spec sheets in the Technical Details tab for a table of voltage/current/temperature outputs. You could PWM it with a power N-channel transistor if you want finer temperature control.
- Wire length: 5cm / 2"
- Weight: 3.8g
- Insulation: Polyimide film ('Kapton')
- Fabric made of Polyester filament and micro stainless steel fiber
- Power requirements: 5V DC up to 1A
- Note: Datasheet for HF0515 reports length is 15cm but it is closer to 14cm.
Pre-Orders! Here's how it works:
- You place your order as usual, all pre-order products are clearly marked as such
- We then import the stock you have requested in our next supplier shipment (Currently every Wednesday)
- As soon as the stock arrives in our warehouse, we will ship your full order to you (usually within 7-10 working days, but this can be longer!)
Item Specific Notes:
- The Official Raspberry Pi Beginner's Book - With Raspberry Pi Zero! - Stock is in, we're just waiting for some packaging! Expected to ship 12th Dec 2017
Payment & Accreditations
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.