At the core of this development board lies the RP2040 dual-core processor, harnessing the processing might of the dual-core Arm Cortex-M0+ CPU. The board has an integrated 5x5 RGB LED matrix (WS2812), great for learning how to use addressable RGB LEDs (we even have our own tutorial for this board!).
The onboard matrix allows you to experiment with colourful animations, patterns, and visual effects, making it an excellent choice for projects that demand attention-grabbing displays.
Onboard 264KB of SRAM enables the storage of large datasets. In addition to its processing and memory capabilities, this development board is equipped with 2MB of onboard flash memory.
This board offers an all-inclusive package for bringing your imaginative projects to life. Its combination of dual-core processing, RGB LED matrix, clock flexibility, extensive SRAM, ample flash memory and support for a variety of languages makes it an ideal first 'non-Pico' RP2040 board!
- RP2040 microcontroller chip designed by Raspberry Pi
- Dual-core Arm Cortex M0+ processor, flexible clock running up to 133 MHz
- 264KB of SRAM, and 2MB of onboard Flash memory
- Onboard 5 x 5 RGB LED matrix for colourful lighting display
- The castellated module allows soldering directly to carrier boards
- USB 1.1 with device and host support
- Low-power sleep and dormant modes
- Drag-and-drop programming using mass storage over USB
- 20 × multi-function GPIO pins
- 2 x SPI, 2 x I2C, 2 x UART, 4 x 12-bit ADC, 16 x controllable PWM channels
- Accurate clock and timer on-chip
- Temperature sensor
- Accelerated floating-point libraries on-chip
- 8 x Programmable I/O (PIO) state machines for custom peripheral support
What's on Board
- USB Type-C Connector
- 5 x 5 RGB LED Matrix
Press it when resetting to enter download mode
- RESET button
500mA low dropout, low noise, ultra-fast LDO
Dual-core processor, up to 133MHz operating frequency
- 1x RP2040 Matrix Development Board