Our 5Ghz "Dual Band" WiFi dongle provides your Raspberry Pi access to crystal clear 5GHz connections or legacy 2.4GHz connections at 300Mbps. With the wireless connection transmitting over 5GHz band, you needn’t worry about the interferences from the mass of existing 2.4GHz wireless devices and household appliances that may disturb with their wireless signal, ensuring a high-quality connection ideal for online gaming, video streaming, and VoIP phone calling.
This WiFi dongle provides soft AP, which can turn it into a hotspot for multiple users to access Internet, and WiFi Protected Setup (WPS), which helps you to secure your wireless network.
The unit uses the plug and play Ralink RT5572 Chipset, which requires no set up or installation on Raspian, XBMC or OpenElec.
Please note: This WiFi dongle will work direct from the Raspberry Pi USB ports. However, Dual Band WiFi dongles are juicy, and you may require a USB hub for best results e.g. if you're having stability issues.
Please note: This dongle is quite large, and will also partially cover the USB port to either left or right of it.
The 5Ghz Wireless Dual Band USB WiFi Adapter Features:
- Tested for Compatibility with the Raspberry Pi
- Plug & Play - Requires No Installation. Can be used straight from the GUI via the WiFi Config Program.
- Ralink RT5572 Chipset
- 5GHz Compatible, for Inteference Free WiFi
- Standards: IEEE 802.11a,IEEE 802.11b, IEEE 802.11g, IEEE 802.11n
- Wireless Speed: Up to 300Mbps
- Frequency Range: 2.4 - 2.4835GHz and 5.15GHz - 5.825GHz
- Supports Soft AP to allow other wireless network to be connected
- Operating Temperature: 0°C to 40°C
- Wireless Security: 64/128-bit WEP, WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK
- Dimensions: 92.5 x 7 x 15mm
- WPS Button for Quick Secure Connections