This SkeleBoard version of the SparkFun ESP32 Thing Plus with U.FL is the next step to get started with Espressif IoT ideations while still enjoying all the amenities of the original ESP32 Thing. Espressif's ESP32 WROOM is a powerful WiFi and Bluetooth MCU module that targets a wide variety of applications. At the core of this module is the ESP32-D0WDQ6 chip which is designed to be both scalable and adaptive. To make the Thing Plus even easier to use, we've moved a few pins around to make the board Feather compatible and it utilizes our handy Qwiic Connect System which means no soldering or shields are required to connect it to the rest of your system!
The SparkFun Thing Plus SkeleBoard features a matte black PCB with a super scary skeleton design in white silk and one of our favorite references out of the last few years (DOOT). We've also made sure to include a 2.4GHz U.FL PCB Antenna as well so you won't need to worry about picking up any additional parts to get your board up and running! Other than that, this board is identical to our existing SparkFun Thing Plus - ESP32 WROOM (U.FL).
There are only 300 units available of the ESP32 WROOM Thing Plus SkeleBoard - once they're gone, they're gone forever. Luckily for you, you can pick one of these boards up for free – just use code "SKELEBOARD21" when your cart reaches $100 or more (not including this board or shipping/tax/discounts) to get your Limited Edition of the SparkFun Thing Plus for free! This item is not available for resell.
Rules & Information:
- Add the SparkFun Thing Plus SkeleBoard - ESP32 WROOM (U.FL) to your cart!
- Use code "SKELEBOARD21" during checkout when your cart reaches $100 or more (not including this board or shipping/tax/discounts)
- There is an order limit of five max per customer.
- No rainchecks or backorders will be allowed. We will not be allowing the combining of orders during this sale. Distributor and Reseller accounts will not be eligible.
Why the name? We lovingly call it the “Thing” because it's the perfect foundation for your Internet of Things project. The Thing does everything from turning on an LED to posting data with your chosen platform, and can be programmed just like any microcontroller. You can even program the Thing through the Arduino IDE by installing the updated ESP32 Arduino Core.
The ESP32 Thing Plus SkeleBoard integrates a rich set of peripherals, ranging from capacitive touch sensors, Hall sensors, SD card interface, Ethernet, high-speed SPI, UART, I2S and I2C. Thanks to the onboard ESP32 WROOM module, the SparkFun Thing Plus features 16MB of flash memory, 520kB of internal SRAM, an integrated 802.11 BGN WiFi transceiver and dual-mode Bluetooth capabilities, a JST connector to plug in a LiPo battery, and a U.FL connector.
The SparkFun Qwiic Connect System is an ecosystem of I2C sensors, actuators, shields and cables that make prototyping faster and less prone to error. All Qwiic-enabled boards use a common 1mm pitch, 4-pin JST connector. This reduces the amount of required PCB space, and polarized connections mean you can’t hook it up wrong.
- Matte black PCB w/ white silk SkeleBoard Edition
- Dimensions: 2.30 x 0.90 Inches
- Xtensa® dual-core 32-bit LX6 microprocessor
- Up to 240MHz clock frequency
- 16MB of flash storage
- 520kB internal SRAM
- Integrated 802.11 BGN WiFi transceiver
- Integrated dual-mode Bluetooth (classic and BLE)
- U.FL Connector
- 2.3 to 3.6V operating range
- 21 GPIO
- 8-electrode capacitive touch support
- Hardware accelerated encryption (AES, SHA2, ECC, RSA-4096)
- 2.5 µA deep sleep current
Payment & Accreditations
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.