The SparkFun RV-8803 Real-Time Clock Module is a Qwiic-enabled breakout board for the RV-8803 RTC. The RV-8803 boasts some impressive features including a temperature compensated crystal providing extremely precise time-keeping, low power consumption, and time stamp event input along with a user-programmable timing offset value. The RV-8803 also has an improved I2C interface compared to the RV-1805 RTC that removes the need to sequence commands/writes to the device. Best of all, the temperature compensation comes factory calibrated. Utilizing our handy Qwiic system so no soldering is required to connect it to the rest of your system. However, we still have broken out 0.1"-spaced pins in case you prefer to use a breadboard.
Adding a real-time clock to your project is the perfect way to get more accurate data; timing or otherwise. Using the Qwiic connector makes for a fast, solid way to incorporate this into your project. The RTC module has counters for hundredths of seconds, seconds, minutes, hours, date, month, year and weekday with a number of alarm and interrupt settings available as well. Plus the large operating temperature range (-40 to +105°C) and temperature-compensated crystal makes for a good addition for field applications or harsh environments.
The SparkFun Qwiic Connect System is an ecosystem of I2C sensors, actuators, shields and cables that make prototyping faster and less prone to error. All Qwiic-enabled boards use a common 1mm pitch, 4-pin JST connector. This reduces the amount of required PCB space, and polarized connections mean you can’t hook it up wrong.
- 1x SparkFun Real Time Clock Module - RV-8803
- 1x 12mm CR1225 Coin Cell Battery
- Factory Calibrated Temperature Compensation
- High Time Accuracy
- ±1.5 ppm 0 to +50°C
- ±3.0 ppm -40 to +85°C
- ±7.0 ppm +85 to +105°C
- 1.5V to 5.5V Operating Voltage Range
- 240nA @ 3.3v Low-Power Consumption
- I2C Address: 0x32
- Periodic Countdown Timer Interrupt function
- Periodic Time Update Interrupt function (seconds, minutes)
- Alarm Interrupts for weekday or date, hour and minute settings
- External Event Input with Interrupt and Time Stamp function
- Programmable Clock Output pin for peripheral devices.
- Operating temperature range: -40 to +105°C
- 2x Qwiic Connectors
- Eagle Files
- Board Dimensions
- Hookup Guide
- Application Manual (RV-8803)
- Arduino Library
- GitHub Hardware Repo
Payment & Accreditations
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.