The SparkFun BMI270 6DoF IMU Breakout is a Qwiic-enabled breakout board based on the ultra-low power BMI270 from Bosch. This chip is a highly integrated, low-power IMU optimized for wearables providing precise acceleration, angular rate measurement, and intelligent on-chip motion-triggered interrupt features. Not only does the BMI270 comprise a fast and sensitive accelerometer and gyro pair, but it also contains several intelligent, on-chip motion-triggered interrupt features.
Our Standard-sized 1-in. x 1-in. Qwiic BMI270 IMU Breakout makes it easy to add this sensor to your project using our solderless Qwiic cables and compatible controllers. If you still prefer to use a breadboard, don't worry, we've still broken out all IO pins to 0.1in. spaced pin headers along the sides of the board. On-board solder jumpers allow you to easily select the device address, remove the I²C pull-ups, and disable the power LED if need be.
The 6-axis sensor combines a 16-bit tri-axial gyroscope and a 16-bit tri-axial accelerometer featuring Bosch’s automotive-proven gyroscope technology. BMI270 includes several functionalities, such as an integrated plug-and-play step counter/detector and gesture detection for wrist-worn devices. Moreover, the IMU suits wearables, smart clothes, smart shoes, smart glasses, and ankle bands.
- 16-bit 3-axis accelerometer with ±2g/±4g/±8g/±16g range
- 16-bit 3-axis gyroscope with ±125dps/±250dps/±500dps/±1000dps/±2000dps range
- 400kHz AUX sensor interface with hardware synchronization
- I2C Addresses: 0x68 (default), 0x69
- 1.8V and 3.3V operation
- Ultra-low current consumption
- Smart features
- Significant motion / Any motion / Motion detect
- No motion / Stationary detect
- Wristwear wakeup / Wrist-worn step counter
- Activity change recognition
- Wrist gesture recognition
- 2x Horizontal Qwiic Connectors