These panels come to us from Voltaic Systems, makers of excellent solar-powered bags and packs. These are waterproof, scratch resistant, and UV resistant. With a high efficiency monocrystalline cell, they output 6V at 180 mA via 3.5mm x 1.1mm DC jack connector. The substrate is an aluminum / plastic composite, specifically designed to be durable and lightweight. They can easily stand up to typical outdoor use including being dropped and leaned on. They're very high quality and are perfect for outdoor projects.
These also come with 4 plastic mounting screws which makes it easy to attach the panel, even to fabric!
To connect, we suggest a 3.5mm OD/1.1mm ID DC jack, or you can use this handy 2.1mm adapter cable which will turn it into a standard 5.5mm/2.1mm DC plug
If you want to use this to charge a battery or run your project, check out our optimized Solar Lithium Ion/Polymer charger!
Check out the GitHub page for technical drawings or Voltaic Systems' DIY blog page for inspiration!
Please note: Visual appearances of panel may vary
- Waterproof (IP67)
- UV resistant (10+ year life)
- Durable and lightweight
- High efficiency monocrystalline cells: 19%
- Embedded screws for easy mounting
Size and Weight
- 3.5" x 4.4" x 0.2" (89mm x 113mm x 5mm)
- 2.4 oz / 67g
- Open Circuit Voltage: 7.7V
- Peak Voltage: 6.5V
- Peak Current: 180mA
- Peak Power: 1.2W
- Power Tolerance: +/-10%
- For maximum power output, orient the panel towards the sun
- Urethane coating
- 3mm aluminum-plastic composite substrate
- Four embedded screws: 4-40 thread, 0.18" long [0.46cm]
- Cable Length: 10.2" (26cm)
- Cable Color: Red PU Coated
- Plug: Waterproof Male 3.5x1.1mm
- 2 year warranty on solar panels
- For more warranty information, see the warranty guide
Product Dimensions: 113.0mm x 89.0mm x 5.0mm / 4.4" x 3.5" x 0.2"
Product Weight: 67.0g / 2.4oz