Some RS485 shields for the Arduino are not suitable for professional use, because they come without galvanic isolation between the RS485 bus and the Arduino.
Without such isolation, it's possible to damage the Arduino or cause a malfunction of the device due to the large distances of an RS485 bus. Furthermore, a full-duplex mode (RS422) is also not integrated.
The Arduino RS422 / RS485 Shield resolves many of these shortcomings whilst adding additional features:
- Compatible with Arduino Uno, Yun Rev 2, STM Nucleo 64
- RS485 mode (half-duplex)
- RS422 mode (full-duplex)
- Galvanic isolation between Arduino and connected RS485 bus
- Free choice of TX-pin between pins 0-5
- Free choice of RX-pin between pins 0-5
- Enhanced ESD protection
- Adjustable automatic transceiver switching for RS485 mode
- Adjustable control of transceiver/receiver via pin 6 or 7
- Adjustable Pull-Up, Pull-Down und terminating resistors
- Indicator LEDs for RX and TX
- Removable block terminal for bus connection
- Many options adjustable via DIP switches
- Stackable headers
- Can be configured for 3.3V and 5V logic
The HAT is ideal industrial and home automation (for example MODBUS), lighting control (DMX), video surveillance (for example Pelco D) etc.
Payment & Accreditations
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.