RS485 can be used across large distances, so isolation of the RS485 bus ensures that your Raspberry Pi is fully protected!
RS485 is in use in many applications like industrial and home automation (for example MODBUS), lighting control (DMX), video surveillance (for example Pelco D) and many more!
Now available with a standard or stacking header (select above)
- RS485 mode (half-duplex)
- RS422 mode (full-duplex)
- Galvanic isolation between Raspberry Pi and connected RS485 bus
- Enhanced ESD protection
- Adjustable automatic transceiver switching for RS485 mode
- Adjustable control of transceiver/receiver via GPIO pin
- Adjustable Pull-Up, Pull-Down und terminating resistors
- Indicator LEDs for RX and TX
- Removable block terminal for bus connection
- Many options are adjustable via DIP switches