The RoboHAT2 is a complete robotics controller for the Raspberry Pi, successor to the original RoboHAT!
Ideal for making Raspberry Pi robots with handy features to expand your project, the RoboHat2 can control 2-4 motors and provides up to 3.5A per channel and can use up to 25V.
The HAT includes a switching regulator to power the Raspberry Pi via 7-10V batteries, LED indicators, 5V level-shifted GPIO inputs and outputs, a dedicated connector for a distance sensor, I2C breakouts and MORE!
Supports all models of Raspberry Pi with 40-pin Connector. Supplied fully assembled, no soldering is required.
Just look at the features provided in this small board:
- 5V switching regulator to safely power the robot and the Pi from 7V to 10V batteries
- LED indication of 5V power status
- High efficiency, dual H-Bridge driver to drive 2 DC motors (or 2 sets of 2 if using paired motors on each side of the robot)
- 6, 5V level shifted GPIO inputs with GVS 3-pin connectors (Ground, Volts, Signal)
- 4, 5V level shifted GPIO outputs with GVS 3-pin connectors
- 4-pin male header to connect a low voltage Ultrasonic distance sensor (HC-SR04+ or HC-SR04P). Only uses a single pin on the Raspberry Pi GPIO
- Optional separate power for motors (up to 25V and 3.5A per motor)
- The output connectors can be used directly to drive servos
- I2C breakout connector (standard 4tronix I2C port)
- Python library module and examples are freely available. Uses existing RoboHat library - no pin changes from version 1 to version 2
- Fully assembled. No soldering is required.
To download the library and example programs, you can use the following commands from your Raspberry Pi in the home folder (open LXTerminal from desktop):
- wget http://4tronix.co.uk/robohat.sh -O robohat.sh
- bash robohat.sh
Payment & Accreditations
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.