Pycom introduces the WiPy 3.0 – a tiny MicroPython enabled WiFi & Bluetooth IoT development platform. With a 1KM WiFi range, state of the art Espressif ESP32 chipset and dual processor, the WiPy is all about taking the Internet of Things to the next level. Create and connect your things everywhere. Fast.
Version 3.0 gives this little board an extra kick, with a big RAM upgrade, to 4MB, and updating the FLASH to 8MB
And as you know, Pycom has already written a powerful and intuitive Python API to take advantage of every feature of the hardware.
Other WiFi boards are available and you might think, “yet another platform…”, but guess what? It’s not. All Pycom boards run Python and that works just like the Python you are used to working with on a PC. The learning curve is minimal.
Simply put, Pycom boards are all about Python and the internet, but with rocket fuel.
Note: This board does not come assembled and does not include headers.
Expansion Board not included - although we do carry it in the shop!
Please note as of Feb 27, 2018 we are now selling version 3.0 of this product
Differences from WiPy 2.0:
- Upgraded RAM from 512KB to 4MB
- Upgraded External FLASH from 4MB to 8MB
- Antenna select pin moved from GPIO16 to GPIO21 (P12)
- Powerful CPU, BLE and state of the art WiFi radio
- 1KM WiFi range
- MicroPython enabled, the Linux of IoT for fast deployment
- Fits in a standard breadboard (with headers)
- Ultra-low power usage: a fraction compared to other connected micro controllers
- Espressif ESP32 chipset
- Dual processor + WiFi radio system on chip
- Network processor handles the WiFi connectivity and the IPv6 stack
- Main processor is entirely free to run the user application
- An extra ULP-coprocessor that can monitor GPIOs, the ADC channels and control most of the internal peripherals during deep-sleep mode while only consuming 25uA
- 2 x UART, 2 x sPI, I2C, I2S, micro SD card
- Analog channels: 8×12 bit ADCs
- Timers: 4×16 bit with PWM and input capture
- DMA on all peripherals
- GPIO: Up to 24
- SHA, MD5, DES, AES
- 802.11b/g/n 16mbps
- Low energy and classic
- Running at 32KHz
- 3.3V to 5.5V
- 3V3 output capable of sourcing up to 550mA
Security & Certifications
- SSL/TLS support
- WPA Enterprise security
- FCC – 2AJMTWIPY3R
- CE 0700
- RAM: 4MB
- External flash: 8MB
- Hardware floating point acceleration
- Python multi-threading
- 42mm x 20mm x 2.5mm (excluding headers)
- 29g (Packaged)
Product Dimensions: 42.3mm x 20.0mm x 3.0mm / 1.7" x 0.8" x 0.1"
Product Weight: 3.5g / 0.1oz
Payment & Accreditations
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.