Once fitted, the add-on allows you to control when the pen is in use with code. The assembly holds the pen firmly in place and the supplied servo can be used to raise and lower the pen. This will allow the user to create complex patterns without any unsightly travel marks.
The kit comprises a set of 3 laser cut parts, a single 180-degree servo, a rubber band, and the fixings required to put it together. The kit requires no soldering but there is some simple mechanical assembly. The kit is supplied with a booklet that walks the user through the assembly.
We have also created an online guide, with MicroPython code, to help you get up and running straight away. You can copy the code from the page and paste it straight into your code editor software. The guide assumes that you will be using Thonny, but you can use any suitable editor that you feel more comfortable with. We recommend Thonny as it is a full-featured beginner-friendly coding environment.
- This kit is NOT supplied with a pen
- No soldering is required but there is some simple mechanical assembly.
- This kit is intended for use with the Kitronik Autonomous Robotics Platform for Pico and the Raspberry Pi Pico, both available separately.
- Add a pen to the Autonomous Robotics Platform (Buggy) for Pico that can be raised or lowered with code.
- Draw complex shapes without unsightly 'travel' lines.
- This add-on is supplied with full assembly instructions.
- We have also created an online guide, with MicroPython code, to help you get up and running straight away.
- A full list of related guides can be found in the resources section below.
- 1 x 180-degree servo
- 3 x 10mm Pan Head M3 Machine Screw
- 1 x 12mm Counter sunk M3 screw
- 1 x M3 Hex Nut
- 1 x Set of laser-cut parts (3 pieces)
- 1 x Rubber band
Autonomous Robotics Platform for Pico and Raspberry Pi Pico not included!
- 1 x Kitronik Autonomous Robotics Platform (Buggy) for Pico.
- 1 x Raspberry Pi Pico (with headers installed).
- 1 x Small cross-head screwdriver.