3DQF PLA is made in Greater Manchester right here in the UK, with tight tolerances, the highest quality material and a fully recyclable custom cardboard spool. We're big fans of 3DQF filament and it's great to support a fellow small UK business in the maker scene.
This is 3DQF Pastel Blue 1.75mm PLA in a generous 1kg spool. Pastel Blue is a brilliantly smooth, soft 'baby' blue, great for all sorts of fun models like turtles, spacemen and toys as well as functional everyday prints such as baby moments, memory keepsakes and more! Goes well with Pastel Pink for awesome dual-colour prints.
Not the blue you were looking for? We've got loads of other blue PLA options in the store:
- Kingfisher Blue - 'All grown up' blue
- Sky Blue - Bright and Smurf-like
- Cobalt Blue - Superhero vibes
- Regal Blue - Pearly blue for something a bit different
- Aqua - "Oh I do like to be beside the sea"
The custom laser-cut cardboard is fully recyclable and includes a filament indicator to help you keep an eye on your remaining PLA. You can also 3D print a roller-style edge protection rim or axle-style low-friction spool rings for your spool holder.
3DQF PLA holds a tight tolerance of 0.06mm - and that's over a 21-kilometre run (a human hair is .04!)! This 3D Printing filament enjoys higher temperatures than others on the market (200-225°C), so we suggest starting at 210°C and adjusting to suit your printer/results.
Recommended Printing Parameters
- Hot end Temperature: 210-2200°C (start at 210°C and adjust up/down for your printer/scenario)
- Bed Temperature: 40-50°C or unheated (start at 50°C and adjust for your printer/scenario)
- First Layer Speed: 30 mmps or lower (we use 12.5mmps!)
- Print Speed: 50-80mmps (we stick below 50mmps)
- Retraction: 2-4mm
- Fan: 100% from the start
- Filament cleaner: Recommended
- Like all PLA, keep it dry and away from humidity as much as possible
...and always check your levels...then check em' again!
3D Prints for your spool - neat!
- Roller-style edge protection rim (Thingiverse)
- Axle-style low-friction spool rings (Thingiverse)
- 3DQF Spool Support (PrusaPrinters)
- Filament Clip for 3DQF Spools (PrusaPrinters)
- Chubby Low-Friction Spool Rings (PrusaPrinters) (designed by Rich our product manager!)
- Colour: Pastel Blue
- Material PLA filament
- Diameter 1.75mm + tolerance
- Tolerance 0.06mm
- Filament Weight 1kg Gross
- Open/closed enclosure
- Net filament 1KG + Spool
- 76mm W
- 195mm D
- 70 mm Axle
- Card construction
- Fully recyclable
- Delivered in a sealed airtight bag with desiccant
- 1x 1kg spool of 1.75mm PLA (Pastel Blue)
Made in the UK
This PLA filament, spool, outer box and even the box printing is all made in the UK.