The ESP32-S2-DevKit-Lipo-USB from Olimex is a highly integrated, low-power, single-core Wi-Fi microcontroller based on the ESP32-S2-WROOM, designed this board to be secure and cost-effective, with high performance and a rich set of IO capabilities.
Compared to the ESP32, ESP32-S2 is only single-core and loses Ethernet and Bluetooth connectivity, but has more GPIO pins.
The typical use for boards like this is for WiFi-enabled devices. The ESP32-S2-WROOM supports low power modes including deep sleep options that go as low as 20uA, making them last a long time even on mobile power sources.
This board is pin-to-pin compatible with Espressif ESP32-Saola-1, but adds a LiPo battery charger and the ability to work on LiPo power when the external power supply is disconnected, allowing handheld applications and increasing availability and reliability. It uses the built-in USB interface and can work as a host and device, even when powered by the LiPo battery.
- ESP32-S2-WROOM module
- RGB LED
- User button, Reset button
- Micro-USB OTG connector
- Can work as a USB host or USB device
- Built-in LiPo battery charger
- LiPo battery connector
- PCB dimensions: (1.9 x 1.1)" (4.8 x 2.8) cm
- Operating temperature: -40+85C
- Arduino IDE installation guide
- Resources web page
- ESP32-S2-Devkit-Lipo-USB GPIOs map
- ESP32-S2-Saola-1 web page
- European Declaration of Conformity
- UKCA Declaration of Conformity
- Arduino demo code - check the documents section above for the installation guide
- ESP-IDF has support for ESP32-S2
- 1x ESP32-S2-DevKit-Lipo-USB Development Board (WROOM)