The MOSWITCH is a Single Pole Double Throw (SPDT) switch implemented with MOSFETs, with a very small footprint (2cm x 2cm).
The diagram below shows the equivalent model of this product:
The control signal (CTRL) and main power rails have common ground and this product can connect the positive pole of V-IN to either OUT-A (default) or OUT-B (when CTRL is HIGH). It works like a relay, but is quiet, has higher switching speed and longer life cycle.
An optical coupler is used on the board to isolate the control signal and the main power rails. It is very easy and safe to use low voltage signal (e.g. 3.3V or 5V) to control higher voltage (up to 28V) and higher current (up to 9A for resistive load) circuit.
Important! NEVER adjust wiring when a power supply is connected - the spike could damage the device. The specification of MOSWITCH is measured when it is reliably connected. If you manually connect/disconnect the power supply with load connected to the device, it could damage the module (even if the voltage or current is way lower than the specification).
- Dimensions: 20mm x 20mm x 3.7mm
- Weight: 4g
- Dual P-MOSFET: AO4805 (datasheet)
- Blue LED for OUT-A (channel A)
- Red LED for OUT-B (channel B)
- Input Voltage: DC 3~28V
- CTRL Signal Range: 0~28V (voltage > ~2.5V is considered HIGH)
- Output Current: Up to 9A (for resistive load, see remarks below)
- Channel Resistance: 15mΩ@20V, 18mΩ@10V, 24mΩ@5V, 70mΩ@3V
- Quiescent Current:
- 0.3mA@3V, 0.7mA@5V, 1.5mA@9V, 2.1mA@12V, 5.4mA@24V, 6.6mA@28V
- The quiescent current is mainly consumed by the LEDs
- Switching Speed
- OUT-A turns on: 52µs (40µs delay + 12µs rise)
- OUT-A turns off: 22µs (4µs delay + 18µs fall)
- OUT-B turns on: 16µs (7us delay + 9µs rise)
- OUT-B turns off: 91µs (49µs delay + 32µs fall)
- Operating Temperature: -30℃~80℃ (-22F~176F)
- Storage Temperature: -40℃~85℃ (-40F~185F)
- Humidity: 0~80%RH, no condensing
Payment & Accreditations
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.