micro:bit - Starter Kit
BBC micro:bit is a BBC initiative to get kids in the UK coding. A royalty from the sale of this BBC micro:bit merchandise helps promote digital creativity amongst young people in the UK.
The BBC micro:bit is a pocket-sized computer that you can code, customize and control to bring your digital ideas, games and apps to life.
Starter Kit Contents:
- MicroUSB cable
- Battery Holder (2 x AAA) (Batteries Included)
- Multiple sensors
- Programmed via software via USB
- Multiple platform support Windows, iOS, tablet, mobile
- Open Source hardware (OSHW)
- 3 Digital/Analogue input/output rings
- Power port ring
- Ground ring
- 25 individually programmable LEDs
- 2 programmable buttons
- 32-bit ARM Cortex M0+ CPU
- Bluetooth Smart Antenna
- Accelerometer and compass
- 20-pin edge connector
- Battery connector
Child Friendly application/descriptions:
- Detects motion and direction - Shake the BBC micro:bit to play the classic Paper, scissors, stone game. Navigate around your local park with the onboard compass.
- Control games using the 2 buttons
- Flash messages or animations across the 25 programmable lights
- Connect the BBC micro:bit to your phone using Bluetooth wireless technology to take selfies without touching your phone
- Add a speaker to one of three connecting rings to play sounds or music.
*Please Note - You will be sent random colours of BBC micro:bit, you will not be able to order items based on their colour*