The DAC Pro is the highest-fidelity audio output IQaudIO HAT for the Raspberry Pi (any 40-pin model).
It supports the same audio input formats and output connectors as the IQaudIO DAC+, but uses a Texas Instruments PCM5242 DAC to provide an even higher signal-to-noise ratio. Component selection and track layout were at the forefront of the design to ensure noise immunity and the best possible audio playback.
The DAC Pro supports balanced/differential out in parallel to Phono / RCA line-level output. It also includes a dedicated headphone amplifier.
In combination with the upcoming optional daughterboard (due for relaunch in the first quarter of 2021), DAC Pro will be able to support balanced output from a pair of XLR connectors via the two 3-pin headers (P7/P9).
The DAC PRO is powered by the Raspberry Pi, removing the need for additional power adapters.
- Standard 40-pin header (compatible with any 40-pin Raspberry Pi)
- PCM5242 DAC
- 24-bit depth 192kHz (Full HD) audio
- Dedicated headphone amplifier
- Phono RCA output
- Balanced/differential out in parallel to Phono / RCA line-level output
- Powered by the Raspberry Pi PSU
- Power LED
- Onboard EEPROM for auto-configuration
- No soldering required
- Standoffs included
- Compatible with Volumio, Rune, Max2Play, MoodeAudio
- P1: Analogue out (0..2VRMS), carries GPIO27, MUTE signal (headphone detect), Left and Right Audio and Left and Right Ground.
- P6: Headphone socket signals (pin1: LEFT, 2:GROUND, 3: RIGHT, 4:GROUND, 5:DETECT)
- P7/9: Differential (0..4VRMS) output (P7:LEFT, P9: RIGHT)
- P10: Alternative 5v input, powering the Raspberry Pi in parallel
The IQaudIO Product Guide and Manual provides a great deal of information about each IQaudIO board including setup, configuration, software options and project suggestions.
Payment & Accreditations
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.